State your allegiance

Gambit

State your allegiance  

1. 1.

No, because Yousuf isn't a player anyone could feel comfortable bidding with. He bailed out of playing for Pakistan to play for the ICL. Then got offered more money, and ended up heading back to the PCB. At that point, most people have not have wanted to trust him. (Plus he's old, has back problems, and a shoddy fielder) And can you find out where I commented that 'people aren't bidding on Yousuf because he's a hypocrite', or stop misquoting me/putting words in my mouth?

bhajji for 800k+ is a big joke. punter for 400k is a steal. gilly at 700k is a steal. symonds and dhoni for 1.3+ mill is absurd.
Symonds is by far, one of the most valuable T20 players one can have. And why do guys think Symonds timed his " I dont think I would go to Pakistan" statement perfectly ? The franchises knew the Aussie players will mostly not be available for this year's edition of the tournament, coz of the Pakistan tour, which is why Punter and Hayden went for less money. Symonds just clearly told everyone he will be available and look what happened !

No, because Yousuf isn't a player anyone could feel comfortable bidding with. He bailed out of playing for Pakistan to play for the ICL. Then got offered more money, and ended up heading back to the PCB. At that point, most people have not have wanted to trust him. (Plus he's old, has back problems, and a shoddy fielder) And can you find out where I commented that 'people aren't bidding on Yousuf because he's a hypocrite', or stop misquoting me/putting words in my mouth?
Nope, I aint into that. When you say, in succession, that Yousuf was a "turd and hypocrite" and "no one bid for him", what am i supposed to infer ? Besides, If n franchise can be lunatic enough to bid for Akhtar, an accredited actor, injury-faker, drug-abuser and someone who has hit his team-mates and missed practice and training sessions, then its not too inconceivable to think someone would bid for Yousuf.

actually sriram...i think shoaib will be more loyal to shahrukh khan than he ever was to pakistani national cricket team.. he is such type of person..who feeds on attention and glamour..and with shahrukh he will get enough of this... he will be seen in film premiers ...with female actors...will get kisses from heroines of shahrukh films..? etc etc.. and he can only get these things if he will perform...and he will do anything for name+fame+Money+Girls.

Don't infer anything - how about not speculating and actually commenting on what I've actually WRITTEN? Haven't implied anything about Yousuf not being bid on *because* of his hypocrisy, which is clear if you read my post clearly without trying to decipher hidden messages that aren't there or trying to put words in my mouth.

H'bad... all the way... All 5-6 batsmen are my fav. Gilly, Symo, Afridi and Rohit....In fact I see Rohit a big name in 2-3 years time. They are not only just good batsmen they are good hitters. Symo, Rohit and VVS can hang around for 10+ overs where as, Gilly and Afridi can tear apart any Ishan Sharma or Aktar, Brat lee or Bond etc etc. And for me Harby-Symo episode is over. Harby is not saint. He has used M-word as well. So why just hate Symo for that. I like the way he bats. Now its not his fault that he is borne in that country where its hard to be one like RD or SRT or VVS. They are aggressive breed. Hyderabad team will be in the finals...

actually sriram...i think shoaib will be more loyal to shahrukh khan than he ever was to pakistani national cricket team.. he is such type of person..who feeds on attention and glamour..and with shahrukh he will get enough of this... he will be seen in film premiers ...with female actors...will get kisses from heroines of shahrukh films..? etc etc.. and he can only get these things if he will perform...and he will do anything for name+fame+Money+Girls.
Is this some sort of Razmatazz show ? :D
Don't infer anything - how about not speculating and actually commenting on what I've actually WRITTEN? Haven't implied anything about Yousuf not being bid on *because* of his hypocrisy' date=' which is clear if you read my post clearly without trying to decipher hidden messages that aren't there or trying to put words in my mouth.[/quote'] Ok, why dont you yourself try to enlighten me on whats the actual context of saying Mohammed Yousuf is a turd and hypocrite and none of the team bid for him ? I have obviously made an error in understanding the thought/logic flow.

It's stupid, isn't it. All the Indian players should be picked for their home teams, not for some random state which they have no connection to. I am sure people from Delhi would much rather see one of their own playing for the team rather than some Tamil or Bengali. This IPL thing looks good though, i'll definitely watch it. Who wouldn't ? The best players in the world are playing in it.
Didnt you love rooney scoring against everton and then kissing the man utd badge in front of the everton fans :D

Guest HariSampath

More and more, it looks like the feared teams in an overall sense , are Chennai and Hyderabad...wont be surprised if these two make it to finals..important, this season, as Aussies wont be playing, Hyderabad has more to lose than Chennai...Chennai has a more aggressively balanced team for T20 than any other side in the franchise + best bench strength + best fielding team.

I can identify with what Lurker is saying. I just don't like the way cricket is evolving(some people might remember my high and mighty stance v 20/20 but in the end I succumbed and watched the semi and final) but I love this game so much that I have to compromise and watch this. BUT if this replaces international cricket for good, I shall reduce my following slowly to the point of it being a mere passing interest. A Delhi Dallas or Kolkata Klowns victory can never ever ever match the high of an INDIAN win, even if it's over minnows like BD,Zim and Pak. I hope there are others who think like me and will give IPL a lukewarm response.

Chennai. I was split between Banglore and Chennai before the auction, but looking at players in bang. team (jaffer, kallis, dravid, kumble, etc), its definately Chennai. Also, too many mouth-watering prospects to leave out like Oram, Dhoni and Morkel taking on Ishant, Gul and Akhtar in the last 5 overs, watching Dhoni keep to Murali, etc, etc.