MS Dhoni’s omission took place after Rohit and Kohli’s approval: BCCI official

speedheat

You guys have to trust me on this, because i have been through this. 7-8 years back i started my own indoor team and entered into one of the leagues.

I got best out of old rookies and won the trophy few years back. Took them all the way to Edgbaston, Felt really bad when we last against interleague champions in Edgbaston. I felt my soft nature was root cause because i let opponent team player do something which i could have refused and would have easily got another trophy that season. But statistically, i wasnt anywhere best player.

My apetite was filled. I had a champions trophy for my cabinet.

Next year, we had more players , miles better than me. Decided to let them have a go under new leader and took mentor role.

Allthough, it was better team, miles better, it wasnt winning convincingly enough and started loosing crunch matches.

Halfway through the season team asked me to come back as captain as team thought that we wont make it.

Felt it was my duty towards players and took over reigns.

Won runners up trophy. Still feel, Had i played the whole league, would have easily won the champion trophy.

Now as runner up, team went to Edbaston.

Since i had booked my holidays, A team of super players of our team went to edbaston and there was carnage. They told me, they gave up during half of first inning.

What it means is A captain is so so crucial. He must have a brain which can plan and execute things with mediocre players. Because i know, the team i play, if someone anylysze  player on player, There is allmost zero chance for us to win the trophy. 

International plaayers arent amy different apart from the diffrence being they are in different league

Edited by mishra