Most away wins by Indian captain - Kohli on brink of becoming most successful Indian captain

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

What acheivements are you talking about ( Aussie attack was hit me for 4 every over Mcgill. Brad williams, Nathan Bracken, Brett Lee who had no idea where he was bowling and Bichel.The only guy remotely good was Gillespie )There is nothing praise worthy about India winning one lousy test in 2003-04 with our strongest batting lineup and on flattest wickets against weakest bowling lineup.

You can discuss shortcomings of a captain till cows come home but he is the best captain India ever had,he will be the reason why India will win more matches away .

Kohli did not ask Smith and Warner to cheat and get suspended.

The most successful captain, not the best. The guy gave Pak CT on a platter, you think he's the best because he's beating this Aussie team which doesn't have one batsmen avg above 40 except Usman?

7 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

The most successful captain, not the best. The guy gave Pak CT on a platter, you think he's the best because he's beating this Aussie team which doesn't have one batsmen avg above 40 except Usman?

Upsets happen get over it. Did Clive Llyod handover  1983 world cup to India.I don't think Kohli is best becuase he has won in Australia.I always said he is best becuase unlike past captains, he plays to win and does not mind losing in order to win.

When you have that mindset as a captain you will win more than you lose. You think winning mentality in formed just like that, winning mentality takes lot of time to forge, the teams need to understand what it takes to win.You need to have players who can withstand pressure and deliver goods.

We have one world class player and one budding world class bowler. There is lot of work to do but Kohli is the right captain for this team.

15 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Upsets happen get over it. Did Clive Llyod handover  1983 world cup to India.I don't think Kohli is best becuase he has won in Australia.I always said he is best becuase unlike past captains, he plays to win and does not mind losing in order to win.

When you have that mindset as a captain you will win more than you lose. You think winning mentality in formed just like that, winning mentality takes lot of time to forge, the teams need to understand what it takes to win.You need to have players who can withstand pressure and deliver goods.

We have one world class player and one budding world class bowler. There is lot of work to do but Kohli is the right captain for this team.

Not what we saw in LO, though he's not had the rub of the green in tests. I also question his tactics as he goes far too defensively too easily, would you call that playing to win?

Not really, it's ultimately the team & the personnel you have at your disposal which makes the bigger difference. Between evenly matched teams though it can make a big difference, would you then say his tactics led us down this year? Because man for man we weren't really behind SA or England going into the series?

The same world class player who went missing in 2014 England or Aus 2017 at home? Are you going to give him the free pass for those failures, he was beyond bad that time even as a player.

The point being, we can (sometimes) win without Kohli the batter but away from home it is quintessential that his captaincy - tactics, team selections are near perfect. They weren't this year which is why is lost badly in England.

Edited by R!TTER
40 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Not what we saw in LO, though he's not had the rub of the green in tests. I also question his tactics as he goes far too defensively too easily, would you call that playing to win?

Not really, it's ultimately the team & the personnel you have at your disposal which makes the bigger difference. Between evenly matched teams though it can make a big difference, would you then say his tactics led us down this year? Because man for man we weren't really behind SA or England going into the series?

The same world class player who went missing in 2014 England or Aus 2017? Are you going to give him the free pass for those failures, he was beyond bad that time even as a player.

World class players don't fail, what are you talking about, he failed two series big deal.Show me one player other than Bradman who did well in all series.

He annihalated SA in SA in odis, he has won more odis than any captain in matches he captained, you are talking as if he is a failure in odis.MMQB is very easy as it after the fact.

People have question tactics of Steve Waugh too , he lost 9 matches as a captain. You can always discuss tactics but captaincy is much more than that, being conservative on field does not make a captain conservative.

Playing to win means picking 5 bowling options and sticking to it even after losing series because to win you need to pick 20 wickets, that India is doing now regularly even in matches they have lost.Now if batsmen raise their level winning will follow.

Edited by putrevus