India request match referee to speak to Australians

beetle

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Hilarious!! India just reinforcing that old stereotype that they are the biggest whingers in world sport. They have really humiliated themselves this tour, haven't they?
Oh ok ... so if the aussies complain about the Indians then thats just the aussies upholding the "spirit of cricket" which is the aussies code for 'we can do what we want but you can't' ... but if god forbid, the Indians complain about the aussies ... then we are whingeing. Lets face it ... the Aussie Cricket Team have a reputation world wide (at least the cricketing world anyway) for being a team that does not handle teams challenging them very well, and will bring up other issues when it occurs. Don't believe me? lets take a little look at history shall we ... * Pakistanis in the early 90s with their reverse swing - Aussies complained about the reverse swing being generated illegaly * Sri Lankans in the mid to late 90s - Aussies complained about Ranatunga and Murali's action * Pakistani's in the late 90s and early 00's spearheaded by Shoaib - the Aussies complained about Shoaib's action * India in the early 00's - Aussies complained about Ganguly's tardiness and the Indian pitches * West Indies in 2003 - Aussies complained about Sarwan's sledging of McGrath. * England in 2005 - Aussies complained about their use of the sub-fielder and alleged England used lollies to generate illegal reverse swing * SAF in 2006 (in ODIs) - Aussies complained about Graeme Smith and Mark Boucher's intimidatory tactics. * India in the current period - Aussies complain about India's verbal aggression on the field and alleged racism. * Any time Murali is about to break some sort of record, his action is called into question again by the Australian media and ex-Australian players. So it seems the Aussies can't take challenges too well. I mean, they respond well to them on the field (in that they win matches), but off the field they turn into a bunch of big whingers. To the Aussie fans ... granted you are the best cricket team in the world ... however when it comes to your behaviour over the years and the way your team has handled the ups and downs, I think it is safe to say that the Aussies are the biggest laughing stock in world cricket , and whenever the Aussies complain about other countries, the cricketing world just seems to laugh at the irony and the hypocrasy. It seems now that many former Aussie players can see that too.
Fair enough Ishant needed to be fined. I would like the same yardstick applied to the Aussie players if they go over the top too. As long as consistency is maintained it's just fine.
Can you state one instance in recent history where an Aussie has been fined for an over the top celebration? It is not consistent, thats the problem.
Oh ok ... so if the aussies complain about the Indians then thats just the aussies upholding the "spirit of cricket" which is the aussies code for 'we can do what we want but you can't' ... but if god forbid, the Indians complain about the aussies ... then we are whingeing. Lets face it ... the Aussie Cricket Team have a reputation world wide (at least the cricketing world anyway) for being a team that does not handle teams challenging them very well, and will bring up other issues when it occurs. Don't believe me? lets take a little look at history shall we ... * Pakistanis in the early 90s with their reverse swing - Aussies complained about the reverse swing being generated illegaly * Sri Lankans in the mid to late 90s - Aussies complained about Ranatunga and Murali's action * Pakistani's in the late 90s and early 00's spearheaded by Shoaib - the Aussies complained about Shoaib's action * India in the early 00's - Aussies complained about Ganguly's tardiness and the Indian pitches * West Indies in 2003 - Aussies complained about Sarwan's sledging of McGrath. * England in 2005 - Aussies complained about their use of the sub-fielder and alleged England used lollies to generate illegal reverse swing * SAF in 2006 (in ODIs) - Aussies complained about Graeme Smith and Mark Boucher's intimidatory tactics. * India in the current period - Aussies complain about India's verbal aggression on the field and alleged racism. * Any time Murali is about to break some sort of record, his action is called into question again by the Australian media and ex-Australian players. So it seems the Aussies can't take challenges too well. I mean, they respond well to them on the field (in that they win matches), but off the field they turn into a bunch of big whingers. To the Aussie fans ... granted you are the best cricket team in the world ... however when it comes to your behaviour over the years and the way your team has handled the ups and downs, I think it is safe to say that the Aussies are the biggest laughing stock in world cricket , and whenever the Aussies complain about other countries, the cricketing world just seems to laugh at the irony and the hypocrasy. It seems now that many former Aussie players can see that too.
Bharat bhai too much for Str16 to digest.:D

India should 'worry about themselves' Australia's coach Tim Nielsen says India should stop worrying about Australia's behaviour and focus on their own performance as they try to secure a spot against the hosts in the CB Series finals. More... Brydon Coverdale February 25, 2008 339738.jpgThe Australians are the only ones into the CB Series finals at this stage and their coach Tim Nielsen believes their opponents should focus on their own backyard © Getty Images Australia's coach Tim Nielsen says India should stop concerning themselves with Australia's behaviour and focus on their own performance as they try to secure a spot against the hosts in the CB Series finals. Following a controversial Test series there was further tension between the teams in their Sydney clash on Sunday when Ishant Sharma gave Andrew Symonds a send-off after dismissing him for 59. Ishant was fined 15% of his match fee for the incident and India's team management has sent a letter to the match referee about what it considers to be Australia's players provoking their opponents. Nielsen said he had no problem with the way his players were acting on the field. "It's interesting how much the opposition teams are talking about what we're doing and at the moment as far as I can see we're the only team that's in the finals," Nielsen said in Melbourne as the team gathered ahead of Tuesday's Allan Border Medal. "It might be time for them to start looking in their own backyard. "While they're worrying about us it's a good sign. We're the only ones at the moment that are confirmed in the finals and until they have their battle on Tuesday then front up on Friday, Sri Lanka against us, we won't know who our opposition is. So they've got plenty to worry about themselves." Nielsen said Ishant's actions - he pointed Symonds back to the dressing-room - were understandable given the pressure of the situation and he hopes India retain their fiery, spirited style of play. However, he wants players from both teams to ensure they do not cross the line if they meet in the finals; India will secure a place in the deciders if they beat Sri Lanka in Hobart on Tuesday. "It's a difficult one because there is so much emotion going on," Nielsen said. "[ishant] was under pressure, Andrew was batting so well with Ricky [Ponting] that it's hard to take the adrenaline and emotion of the game at this level. "We want to play good, strong competitive cricket and we encourage them to keep doing it. We'll do it as long as we all stay within the guidelines of it. You can't start taking into account it's been a tough, hard series and then give people some leeway because of it. We know where the line in the sand is."

Fair enough Ishant needed to be fined. I would like the same yardstick applied to the Aussie players if they go over the top too. As long as consistency is maintained it's just fine.
This is the point there is no consistency. Thats why it is far from fair enough. 1. Last game yob ponting gives send off to bhaji, nothing happens. 2. Latest game symonds starts verbals with sharma but sharma gets fined and symonds gets off free. And over years so many such instances. Its not inconsistencies but cheating by officials and quite frankly racism!

Anyone got anything worthwile to add? You know, besides that whole convict thing some people carry on with. The way Isee it Ishant over stepped the line and he was fined accordingly. Does it matter if Symonds said something? Sledging is not against the games rules. It has been a part of cricket since the game began. Which raises the question, why can't these Indians just learn to control themselves? They don't need to be saints, just behave like every other cricketer playing the game is expected to do.

Does it matter if Symonds said something? Sledging is not against the games rules. It has been a part of cricket since the game began. Which raises the question, why can't these Indians just learn to control themselves? They don't need to be saints, just behave like every other cricketer playing the game is expected to do.
Symonds sledged so Ishant responded in kind. Why was sharma fined only? Why was ponting not fined in previous game for same as sharma did in this game? Try to give a sensible reply!
Symonds sledged so Ishant responded in kind. Why was sharma fined only? Why was ponting not fined in previous game for same as sharma did in this game? Try to give a sensible reply!
If Sharma had sledged Symonds back there would not have been a problem. But he couldn't help himself and gave Roy a send off which included gesturing to the change room. Pretty simple really. But as expected some Indians find a way of putting it back on the Australians.....
If Sharma had sledged Symonds back there would not have been a problem. But he couldn't help himself and gave Roy a send off which included gesturing to the change room. Pretty simple really. But as expected some Indians find a way of putting it back on the Australians.....
What so ponting giving a send off should not be fined then. Whats the differnece? You can call someone a####### but pointing to the pavillion is a fine? I can give many instances of aussies doing such pointing with MCgrath the leader in this field, why did the match referees not take action against him?
What so ponting giving a send off should not be fined then. Whats the differnece? You can call someone a####### but pointing to the pavillion is a fine? I can give many instances of aussies doing such pointing with MCgrath the leader in this field' date=' why did the match referees not take action against him?[/quote'] I'm not sure, I don't no the specific example. But I remember Lee being fined against South Africa a few years ago for the exact gesture that Ishant gave Symonds. Lee deserved his fine, as did Sharma.
I'm not sure' date=' I don't no the specific example. But I remember Lee being fined against South Africa a few years ago for the exact gesture that Ishant gave Symonds. Lee deserved his fine, as did Sharma.[/quote'] What about pontings send off in last game against bhaji? That had to be a fine if sharma got a fine. Your view? Should ponting have been fined if the match referee is being consistent in regards to send offs. Especially as sharma responded to symonds verbals while in the ponting case their were no verbals from bhaji after getting out.
What about pontings send off in last game against bhaji? That had to be a fine if sharma got a fine. Your view? Should ponting have been fined if the match referee is being consistent in regards to send offs. Especially as sharma responded to symonds verbals while in the ponting case their were no verbals from bhaji after getting out.
No. Verbals are fine, (as long as they aren't racist..) gestures such as the one yesterday are worth a fine. That's my view, and that's what is written in the rules of cricket.
The way Isee it Ishant over stepped the line and he was fined accordingly. Does it matter if Symonds said something? Sledging is not against the games rules. It has been a part of cricket since the game began. Which raises the question, why can't these Indians just learn to control themselves? They don't need to be saints, just behave like every other cricketer playing the game is expected to do.
Now don't make me laugh. Did Symonds need to take it upon himself after Bhajji patted Lee on his back in the Sydney test last month? Why could he not control himself? And then who went crying to the match referee in that test, without even understanding what was said to them? And the biasness of the ICC match referee was there for the whole world after that test to see and which team turned into a laughing stock after judge Hansen gave his verdict!! Australians have proved themselves to be the biggest whingers this series!