Watch out for Sharma

Cricketics

I have serious doubts about this kid. technically has flaws and looks to me as if he should back to domestic cricket for a year to work on a few things. Would not be suprised if he is dropped
NO he doesn't have any flawz.. hez good dude.. he needz time.. we should persist with him.. COME ON SHARMA COME ON INDIA
I have serious doubts about this kid. technically has flaws and looks to me as if he should back to domestic cricket for a year to work on a few things. Would not be suprised if he is dropped
??? What flaws ? His shot selection is the only problem (sometimes) but that is something he can improve on as he plays more matches. Other than that, he has a very solid game and a decent technique to fall back on. He can attack or defend with relative ease - i see far more positives than negatives in this guy. Are you sure you haven't mistaken him for Harbhajan Singh ? I agree that Raina deserves more games though, i am really keen on seeing how good he is right now.

I am not saying sharma is cr#p. I think he has talent. I think it good he has had the exposure at this level. But now needs to go back to domestic cricket and work hard. His time in Indian team will do him good. There are many players who have gone in to the team, struggled but benefited from the experience, then gone back to domestic cricket worked hard and then got back in to team with some success and been a better player for it! Players such as Gambhir(who needs to be in test team), Laxman, Jaffer etc etc. Players like Raina and Parthiv Patel have gone away and clearly improved. They need to be giving a go now While Sharma needs time in domestic cricket to then arrive in 1 or 2 years time more ready for the challenge.

I would say, that of our young batsman (inc. Yuvi, Gambhir, Uthappa, Dhoni) ... Rohit Sharma looks the most technically correct. So far, he is the only one out of the young players that seems like a future Test player. Yuvraj has failed miserably at Tests, Uthappa will get caned by the swinging ball, Dhoni has not had much success in Tests and is there because he is our best keeper ... but Rohit Sharma looks extremely solid in defence and attack. He has played a couple of lazy shots, and thats something he needs to work on, but he has a very good technique. He is balanced at the crease, he keeps his head still, he keeps to front elbow quite high, has a strong top hand, gets his foot to the pitch of the ball alot, regulation backlift, quick footwork, and doesnt try to overhit the ball. This guy looks the goods to me.