Team for CB series Final 1

SRT Sehwag Gambhir Yuvraj Rohit Sharma Dhoni Uthappa Pathan Kumar Harbhajan Ishant Sharma I start with I Sharma and Pathan, Praveen Kumar as first change, and then harbhajan, then Sehwag, Yuvi and SRT can fill in for the fifth bowler. Santa should NOT start and I think Kumar will be a better fit than Dadaji. This team bat all the way to no 9 or even 10 if you count bhajji

Praveen bowled well today, but his deliveries hit the deck with the force of a feather and if the conditions don't suit him, he will probably get flogged by the brutish Aussie middle order. I am not so sure about his selection, especially ahead of a front line seamer like Sreesanth. Sree wrecked Australia at Melbourne and he bowls well against them - no doubts over his inclusion, at least for me.

Yep. Team composition looks pretty thought out. Batting has to be strong enough if we want to run over the Aussie's. Hopefully we don't go on our knees like last time around :(( Come on India :isalute:

Praveen bowled well today' date=' but his deliveries hit the deck with the force of a feather and if the conditions don't suit him, he will probably get flogged. I am not so sure about his selection, especially ahead of a front line seamer like Sreesanth. Sree wrecked Australia at Melbourne and he bowls well against them - no doubts over his inclusion, at least for me.[/quote'] P Kumar bowled well today and certainly it was not a bowler friendly pitch by any means . Our bowlers bowled well thats it,Ball harldly swung when we batted.P Kumar is a big swinger of the bowl than Sree when the conditions suits the bowler just check him bowling at domestic.
P Kumar bowled well today and certainly it was not a bowler friendly pitch by any means . Our bowlers bowled well thats it' date='Ball harldly swung when we batted.P Kumar is a big swinger of the bowl than Sree when the conditions suits the bowler just check him bowling at domestic.[/quote'] I'll take your word for it, 'cos i don't watch any domestic cricket. His bowling just doesn't look that threatening to me.
P Kumar bowled well today and certainly it was not a bowler friendly pitch by any means . Our bowlers bowled well thats it' date='Ball harldly swung when we batted.P Kumar is a big swinger of the bowl than Sree when the conditions suits the bowler just check him bowling at domestic.[/quote'] how good is his batting ? is worth really the risk ? Just wondering as I dont know much about mr Kumar

I'd pick Praveen, just because his bowling could be lethal under lights at Sydney and Briz. Give me Sehwag/Sachin/Gambhir/Rohit/Yuvraj/Dhoni/Uthappa/Irfan/Praveen/Bhajji/Ishant, leaving Sreesanth and Munaf out. We need 7 batsmen, and the extra hitting power that Praveen and Irfan provide could be very handy.

Dont be fooled by what we saw of Praveen in ONE game. He got two lucky wickets (Sagakarra went for a premeditated shot & Jayawardane cut a wide one straight to point). The Aussies will flog such trundlers all day. The only way to beat the Aussies is by bowling them out. Sreesanth, is a gamble worth taking. And 7 batsmen is a must, hence Sehwag plays too. I'd open with SRT, Gambhir, bat Sehwag at no. 4 & sit Munaf & Praveen out.

i think 2day's combination will be retained by skipper dhoni sreesanth should hav bn there, but he is too too xpensive pk will be better, economical, and a wicket or two, that is his job i would personally want sehwag to be there, but his consistncy is a big question mark, hasn't done anything in the series yet he'll probably be dropped and uthappa will open again, will do much better

tendulkar sehwag gambhir rohit sharma yuvraj dhoni uthappa irfan pathan pravin kumar harbhajan ishant sharma There is one batsman too many in this line up. I will drop Uthhu and get PK. We were slaughtered in the last game. An extra bowler will insure that we cut down the runs from 320 to 280. A gain of 40 runs even before ball is bowled. So 40 runs on the board w/o ball being bowled is a good choice. And besides, what Uthhapa can do, others 7 batsmen can do as well? But what 1 bad bowler does is, not only he is not been able to get wkts, he is giving away 20-30 extra runs. Remember, wkt taking bowler is a double effect, he controls the run flow naturally once wkt fall. So I will play SS, and PK together and sit Uthhu out. Here is my line up. SRT RS GG Dho VS YS IP PK HS SS IS GG, SRT and RS play out 20 overs target 80 runs, not giving more than 1 wkt. 1st 20 overs let SRT take few risk as he knows how to punish loose balls. RS/GG play w/o taking any risk. Play pure cricketing shots. After 20 overs, SRT/RS slows down whoever is arround and RS/GG start playing shots. Target 60-75 runs in next 10 overs to take the total to 140+ in 30 overs with the lose of 2 more wkts. In the mean time let VS go at spinners and bowlers like Hope. I want, GG/SRT/VS/IP to play maximum of spinners. These days Dhoni, Yuv dont take risk against them. Target 80 runs in next 10 overs with 1 wkt only. 230+/4 in 40. If somehow we could do that, we can target 80 runs in last 10 depending on how many wkts in hand. So plan is play 10 overs sensibly, target next 30 overs for 6 RPO. So basically, 40 overs should give us 210+. Depending on how many wkts left, use last 10 to make 70-80 runs.

As for bowling, IS and IP bowl first, PK and SS come as change bowlers. If either one of them is expensive then, HS take their place. So basically IS IP/PK PK/SS SS/HS should bowl first 20 overs. Even if bhajji bowls out his overs, we can always use, YS/VS to add few overs say 5 and bowl 5 overs short to an expensive bowler. If spin doesn;t work then we have option of bowling 4 seamers and then share 10 overs between HS/YS/VS/SRT. My gut fealing is, if we dont lose wkts to Aussies, they will change their line. If we keep on losing wkts, they will consistently bowl the line which is difficult to score against.