India - South Africa Series / Others on ZeeSports

Rajiv

My main problem w/ Chennai's test schedule is that it's had too many games around November when it always seems to rain there. Australia and Sri Lanka both got their arses saved as a result. Kanpur and Ahmedabad are rubbish test venues. In their case, I don't give a crap how good the stadium facilities are, the pitches are always flat, slow, low and half-dead and make for painfully boring cricket. Yeah, South Africa are likely to lose unless Kallis really digs himself in and bats for 3 days or so, but it's going to be a pain to watch.

:haha:Chennai in March, Ahemedabad and Kanpur in April ! The Saffies will be roasted to submission. I dont like Kanpur as a test venue. I cant recollect one good test match played there.
I quite enjoyed India's win over SA there in '96...a cool 160 in the 2nd innings from Matchfixeruddin won India une victoire tres fin. And that was after India were bowled out for some crappy 200 score in the first innings...damn, we're good
My main problem w/ Chennai's test schedule is that it's had too many games around November when it always seems to rain there. Australia and Sri Lanka both got their arses saved as a result. Kanpur and Ahmedabad are rubbish test venues. In their case, I don't give a crap how good the stadium facilities are, the pitches are always flat, slow, low and half-dead and make for painfully boring cricket. Yeah, South Africa are likely to lose unless Kallis really digs himself in and bats for 3 days or so, but it's going to be a pain to watch.
Actually, a few of the recent washouts we had in Chennai recently were totally due to unseasonal rainfall. And the most frustrating thing was, it used to blazing sunlight the day before the match, the day after the match, but the heavens would open up JUST on match day. :banghead: Motera is famous for the 6/21 spell by Srinath and IIRC, VVS scored a 50 in that match. That was the first time I got glimpse of him.
I quite enjoyed India's win over SA there in '96...a cool 160 in the 2nd innings from Matchfixeruddin won India une victoire tres fin. And that was after India were bowled out for some crappy 200 score in the first innings...damn' date=' we're good[/quote'] :haha::haha: Lots of banks would have been busy that week I suppose.

This is going to be an excellent series. The Saffies have good ammunition in their bowling, a decent batting line-up. Our batting line-up is second to none and our bowling hasnt been better. We have a definite advantage in the spinning department but most importantly, our players have excellent preparation, having played some wonderfully tough and competitive cricket against Aus. I think one of the main reasons why we were able to win both the tests and ODIs against Pakistan was the fact that we played just before they came calling. I even recollect that there was even thread saying that generally, a team tends perform well after they had played against Aus. I predict 1-1 scoreline.

This is going to be an excellent series. The Saffies have good ammunition in their bowling, a decent batting line-up. Our batting line-up is second to none and our bowling hasnt been better. We have a definite advantage in the spinning department but most importantly, our players have excellent preparation, having played some wonderfully tough and competitive cricket against Aus. I think one of the main reasons why we were able to win both the tests and ODIs against Pakistan was the fact that we played just before they came calling. I even recollect that there was even thread saying that generally, a team tends perform well after they had played against Aus. I predict 1-1 scoreline.
Yep, that was my thread. Glad u liked some thread of mine :P

2-0 at least to India. After the Australian tour and the strides they have made here, they will devour the South Africans at home. If the pitches are flat, then I expect Kumble, Harbhajan, R.P. Singh and Pathan (reversing) to be amongst the wickets more than Sharma, Sreesanth etc. Indian batting will plunder the SA attack of Ntini and Steyn.

2-0 at least to India. After the Australian tour and the strides they have made here, they will devour the South Africans at home. If the pitches are flat, then I expect Kumble, Harbhajan, R.P. Singh and Pathan (reversing) to be amongst the wickets more than Sharma, Sreesanth etc. Indian batting will plunder the SA attack of Ntini and Steyn.
actually it all depends on how Kallis and Steyn react to Indian pitches...