5 yrs ago today

What a match, what an innings. Best summed up by Robin Jackman's comment when he finally got out.... " Thank you Sachin, Thank you for entertaining all of us today". The WC 03 was some of the best cricket I have ever seen India play. After scraping past a minnow and losing badly to Aus, we won 8-9 matches in a row, all comprehensively. And Sachin, 664 runs in a single tournament !! One of Indian cricket's memorable days !

What a match, what an innings. Best summed up by Robin Jackman's comment when he finally got out.... " Thank you Sachin, Thank you for entertaining all of us today". The WC 03 was some of the best cricket I have ever seen India play. After scraping past a minnow and losing badly to Aus, we won 8-9 matches in a row, all comprehensively. And Sachin, 664 runs in a single tournament !! One of Indian cricket's memorable days !
673. Every little helps.
and we lost the away test and odi series in NZ :( we were also bowled out for 125 in the first wc match and we only made 204 against netherlands :(( but then we were on fire until we met aus again :((
and we lost the away test and odi series in NZ :( we were also bowled out for 125 in the first wc match and we only made 204 against netherlands :(( but then we were on fire until we met aus again :((
Yep, we had a horrendous lead up to the WC and a terrible start. I remember, some fans had even burning effigies after the first two matches. I would say our most clinical performance of the tournament was the Super-6 encounter against the Lankans. Batting first, scoring 290 and bowling the Lankans for a total barely over 100. Felt good, that. And of course, Who can forget Nehra's magical 10 over spell against England. Still, Sachin's masterpiece is crown jewel amongst all pieces of individual brilliance.
I would say our most clinical performance of the tournament was the Super-6 encounter against the Lankans. Batting first' date=' scoring 290 and bowling the Lankans for a total barely over 100. Felt good, that.[/quote'] Should have been less than 100. Facking Murali spent 20 minutes dancing all about his crease, almost injuring the square leg umpire by stepping on him when backing away from Srinath, and somehow managing to still clout a few runs for cheap laughs at the end. Still a brilliant performance, probably the most clinical Indian demolition job I've seen in a big game/against good opposition in an ODI. As far as the thing 5 years ago today - the ultimate FU to the jackasses who think Sachin can't handle pressure and/or big run chases. The second best ODI innings I've ever seen.