Sachin's 42nd hundred celebration!

^ How many times do any of his 42 100s figure in 270+ run chases overseas
Tendulkar chasing: Total tons: 16 Total in winning cause: 14 Total abroad: 10 Facing RRR above 5.2 -> 7* (adding in the ton at Benoni because we had to score at 6 RPO to get to finals) Facing RRR above 5.2 AND abroad -> 6 Your favorite Ponting: Total tons: 6 Total in winning cause: 6 Total abroad: 3 Facing RRR above 5.2 -> 2 Facing RRR above 5.2 and abroad -> 1

Good job Shehezaada. Next question: How many times do any of his 42 hundreds figure in successful run chases of 400+ on all grounds that did not have flat tracks, more than 2 bowlers going over 6 an over and were only located on continents not starting with 'A'? Ha! Can't find any positive answers to that, can you? Exactly, Sachin can't deliver in run chases. :D

Oh my God, What have we got here... Its like anyone who questions Sachin is the Devil, the anti-Christ and HAS to be terminated :D We have bout 4000 members here and in that, only three of 'em dont like Sachin. But I am not going to tell you who those posters are but I will tell you their names are similar sounding to Fineleg, HariSampath and Lurker. P.S - Actually, That could be their actual names too. :D

Oh my God, What have we got here... Its like anyone who questions Sachin is the Devil, the anti-Christ and HAS to be terminated :D We have bout 4000 members here and in that, only three of 'em dont like Sachin. But I am not going to tell you who those posters are but I will tell you their names are similar sounding to Fineleg, HariSampath and Lurker. P.S - Actually, That could be their actual names too. :D
I like Tendulkar (have liked him in the past and do now as well), but he is not "God" to me, and does not mean he is above and beyond questioning and criticism, but yes feel free to fan the flamez :thumbs_up: He is very different from say another former captain, and he is a great sportsman as well. Kudos to SRT for the recent 117 n.o.
I cant believe how much criticism he gets' date= just wait and watch, after the seniors retire our team will be pathetic.
You probably were not here right after the WC and Chappal debacle. This is walk in the park compared to then :hysterical::hysterical:. Specially loved numerous underworld reference and lingo eg mafia, godfather, etc. etc.
I cant believe how much criticism he gets' date=' just wait and watch, after the seniors retire our team will be pathetic.[/quote'] Can't be that difficult to top 0 world cups, 2/15 multi-team finals and a 1.12 W/L ratio since 1/1/2000.

Methinks, Sachin's worst days as a batsman are over. He had a mediocre two year period, when he was simply riding on his stardom & hence copped a fair share of criticism. He was batting like a "Turtle Paul" (with no intent of scoring) even on his best day. But in this test series, he has proved that he still has enough class left in him with his two magnificient centuries against a quality attack. His eye sight & reflexes may have slowed down (as exhibited in his inability to put away deliveries on his stumps as frequently and as non-chalantly as he used to), but his resolve & determination have certainly grown stronger. I have never seen Sachin apply himself so much to get a ODI 100 in the last decade (this, when he was struggling with cramps). In many such instances in the past, he had started too conservatively & perished or simply resigned to the possibility of winning, even before he started. The innings at SCG, was in some sense, a turning point of sorts. His effort, reminded me of the determination he showed back in the 90s, when he took it upon himself to see us through a crisis, time & time again. We've all criticized him when he deserved it, but now I think, he has earned his accolades & deserves our backing. I sincerely hope that he retires from ODIs to prolong his test career. One more injury, which is looking increasingly likely with every game, we'd have seen the last of him as a batsman.

Actually I am not sure the purpose of this thread, though I must say I am not surprised. Heck I am even happy that this was started by a cricket buff like Salil and not some Sachin-is-my-God-and-I-am-blind-as-a-bat fan. Sachin's critics, and that would include me, are NOT Sachin's critics itself as such. They are more often than not a proponent of a change of guard. It is not that Sachin is desired to be dropped but Dravid(or for that matter VVS, Ganguly etc) are to be played. No. The old guard should make place for the new. And in this series,both Test and LOI now, the young guns have made India proud, prouder than the older order. Men like Ishant, Dhoni, Rohit Sharma etc have all put their hands up and counted. I would definitely love to see Sachin keep up his good form, only good for India, but what elates me more is how quickly Indian young guns are coming up. It is not the performance only but the sheer comfort they bestow on the highest level in arguably the toughest series one plays.
I am guessing the ratio of critics like you to the die hard fans of Tendya is something like 1:1300 on this forum, and in the rest of the world will probably be less!!! So as they always say, majority always wins and we want Sachin to play regardless of what you say, so it doesnt really matter what you say man. You think you have more knowledge than Ravi Shastri, Sunil Gavaskar, or the rest of the members of the Indian Cricket Board who are allowing Sachin to play, praising his batting, and know the importance of him playing! He is just too good to replace at the moment, when his time to replace comes..he will go, but now is just not the time and you people just need to step back and enjoy the brilliant Tendulkarnism! :dance:
And in this series,both Test and LOI now, the young guns have made India proud, prouder than the older order.
:hysterical::hysterical: The pioneers of the young guns, Yuvraj and Dhoni, could hardly put bat to ball the entire test series! And no point bringing in the bowlers, we don't have old bowlers to replace anyways except Kumble who was the leading wicket taker yet again.

I miss lots of gems like that because I mostly ignore his posts aka rants. But how did the young guns make india proud in the test than the older order in batting? I agree, they overshadowed srt and the older bunch in bowling though.

I miss lots of gems like that because I mostly ignore his posts aka rants. But how did the young guns make india proud in the test than the older order in batting? I agree' date=' they overshadowed srt and the older bunch in bowling though.[/quote'] Don't worry, I had missed it too till SRT above quoted it. Too much garbage to weed through!