Sachin's 42nd hundred celebration!

I am guessing the ratio of critics like you to the die hard fans of Tendya is something like 1:1300 on this forum, and in the rest of the world will probably be less!!! So as they always say, majority always wins and we want Sachin to play regardless of what you say, so it doesnt really matter what you say man. You think you have more knowledge than Ravi Shastri, Sunil Gavaskar, or the rest of the members of the Indian Cricket Board who are allowing Sachin to play, praising his batting, and know the importance of him playing! He is just too good to replace at the moment, when his time to replace comes..he will go, but now is just not the time and you people just need to step back and enjoy the brilliant Tendulkarnism! :dance:
SRT, in your short time here, you wouldnt have had a chance to know Lurker well. Your post suggests that he is some average inane cricket fan, who does not know what he is talking about ? The reality is far from it. You should read his articles on the history of our cricket/cricketers. Am sure you will learn something. He is allowed to voice his opinions, post with no fear or favor, is he not ? Feel free to rebutt him with fact filled posts. I dont see much point in rhetorical questions such as "Do you think you have more knowledge than XYZ...". Going by that logic, none of us can even begin to comment on the game. Remember, on MBs, its easy to be part of the bandwagon, but mighty difficult to voice & more importantly, backup an unpopular opinion. As long as he is able to do that convincingly, we should respect his free speech. PS: Normally i ignore such rants, but i see too many of you piling on him, alienating a good poster. Not good for the MB. Attack the posts, not the posters.

How could people doubt Sachin: Kasprowicz New Delhi: Australian pace bowler Michael Kasprowicz is as big an admirer of Sachin Tendulkar as are millions who are members of official as well as the unofficial fan clubs of the 'Little Master'.

0403michael-kasprowicz_313.jpg

"What has always surprised me is that people have doubted him (for big matches) in India. Personally, I can’t believe it. He is such a strong player, not only for India but also for the younger players, who have the benefit of watching what he does and how he does it," said the tall and strongly-built Queenslander. "I could not watch his century in the first final as I decided to see the Taj and I am at the practice session here on the day of the second final. But I can imagine what he is doing because Sachin is always so important in such big matches," said Kasprowicz, who also had words of praise for the young Indian pace bowlers. more: http://www.cricketnext.com/news/how-could-people-doubt-sachin-kasprowicz/30094-13.html

Guest HariSampath
Oh my God, What have we got here... Its like anyone who questions Sachin is the Devil, the anti-Christ and HAS to be terminated :D We have bout 4000 members here and in that, only three of 'em dont like Sachin. But I am not going to tell you who those posters are but I will tell you their names are similar sounding to Fineleg, HariSampath and Lurker. P.S - Actually, That could be their actual names too. :D
What NONSENSE from you Sriram, everyone here knows that Sachin is one of my alltime fav cricketers. Just because I look analytically at his record overseas in ODIs and state the obvious makes me a SRT basher ??so with you its a binary choice, either burn camphor after a miserable duck from Sachin ( saying "God knows when to score and when not to" )...the absolutely braindead , cricket ignorant Sachin worshippers who are actually no serious fans of Sachin's real cricket, just are ignorant and insecure ppl who want to scream hysterically after every edged four or a single digit score... LOL..go and get a life
Guest HariSampath
Tendulkar chasing: Total tons: 16 Total in winning cause: 14 Total abroad: 10 Facing RRR above 5.2 -> 7* (adding in the ton at Benoni because we had to score at 6 RPO to get to finals) Facing RRR above 5.2 AND abroad -> 6 Your favorite Ponting: Total tons: 6 Total in winning cause: 6 Total abroad: 3 Facing RRR above 5.2 -> 2 Facing RRR above 5.2 and abroad -> 1
Sachin's century record against Aus, NZ, England, WI, SA, in winning ODIs against these 5 countries in THEIR backyards. Against NZ- 0 Against WI- 0 Against SA- 0 Against England-0 Against Australia- 1 ( previous game) Total : 42 hundreds. Please make me understand how someone like Sachin with 42 ODI hundreds in 417 ODIs has in TOTAL scored only ONE 100 in a winning game against the top 5 opposition countries outside the subcontinent when playing in those countries. AND this solitary winning 100 came 2 days back, after 17 years of International cricket. Is this not a valid point when the batting exploits of a great batsman like Tendulkar, in ODIs , is analysed ?

Hari, who has been a better ODI batsman than Tendulkar besides Richards, who did not play close to as many ODIs and I am willing to rate him about at par with Tendulkar, only then can we make a reasonable comparison, can't we? I bet whatever name you pull out, I can drill more holes into his resume than Tendulkar's. Deal?

Against NZ- 0 Against WI- 0 Against SA- 0 Against England-0 Against Australia- 1 ( previous game)
He is looking to improve that record, by the looks of things. I would stay tuned. To accurately reflect him though, you must mirror his test record alongside.
http://www.theage.com.au/news/cricket/another-big-innings-from-the-little-master/2008/03/04/1204402454820.html
Magnificent in Sydney, Tendulkar produced another well-paced innings. It is not so long ago that observers wondered whether the time had come for the veteran to slip down the order. He had been losing his wicket to the new ball and seemed to have lost his edge. Recently another critic pointed out that Tendulkar had never scored a one-day hundred in Australia and had a relatively poor record chasing targets. Never awaken the sleeping tiger.

Selfish Sachin Does it again!!! In sharjah of 1998, according to pakis (ON A FLAT TRACK AGAINST WEAK BOWLERS), he selfishly made 134 to get SELFISH india to the final and then 141 to win the SELFISH match for india. sachin made SELFISH 65 against SL (and not afridi like innings like some pakis) to get to the final. then he made a selfish no 4s off of lee (according to sledging rajev) to make a selfish 100. According to some people, sachin was a match winner in that match bcz he stayed till the end if he had got out when the score was 239 he would not be considered a matchwinner. then today selfishly he made 91 off of 121 balls and wasted 30 balls. If he hadnt, we would have been all out in 45 ovs

Just because I look analytically at his record overseas in ODIs and state the obvious makes me a SRT basher ??
The word 'analytically' derives from 'analysis', which implies a logical and factual basis to a claim. Your claim re: Tendulkar is lacking in logic and factual basis, hence there is nothing analytical about your approach, especially when you bandy around myths like 'Tendy goes missing in crunch matches'.
What NONSENSE from you Sriram' date=' everyone here knows that Sachin is one of my alltime fav cricketers. Just because I look analytically at his record overseas in ODIs and state the obvious makes me a SRT basher ??so with you its a binary choice, either burn camphor after a miserable duck from Sachin ( saying "God knows when to score and when not to" )...the absolutely braindead , cricket ignorant Sachin worshippers who are actually no serious fans of Sachin's real cricket, just are ignorant and insecure ppl who want to scream hysterically after every edged four or a single digit score... LOL..go and get a life[/quote'] Hey Sriram, I think you hit a nerve... someone's starting to get overly defensive now... :haha:
Guest HariSampath

WHY is it that so called "Sachin fans", are unable to refute big facts about Sachin's career.....while at the same time its possible to accept Sachin's lesser level of performances in some limited overs conditions, and still at the same time enjoy and celebrate the undoubted class of Tendulkar in both forms of the game ?

WHY is it that so called "Sachin fans"' date=' are unable to refute big facts about Sachin's career.....while at the same time its possible to accept Sachin's lesser level of performances in some limited overs conditions, and still at the same time enjoy and celebrate the undoubted class of Tendulkar in both forms of the game ?[/quote'] Because you have not been able to bring forth a single candidate who would be considered a better ODI batsman than Tendulkar.
The pioneers of the young guns, Yuvraj and Dhoni, could hardly put bat to ball the entire test series! And no point bringing in the bowlers, we don't have old bowlers to replace anyways except Kumble who was the leading wicket taker yet again.
Still maintaining the same stance Shwetabh? :giggle::giggle: Reality check time. Till date Sachin has played in 5 LOI that were won Down Under. Guess how many of those have come in this series? 3 :dance::dance::dance: It is rather easy to explain really(just that I am not too sure if blind fans will understand). When Sachin was at the peak of his prowess(90s) and India kept losing all around it was NOT because of Sachin, similarly today if India is beating every country it is also NOT because of Sachin. It is rather simple dont overanalyze it. And great to see Young India do what the Buddha Brigade has been trying to achieve since 1990 :giggle:
^ way to change the topic. He was talking about tests.
Arre Holy baba this topic is about 42nd Sachin's hundred yada yada. Subah sabere daaroo maar liya kya Urbana Champaigne mein?? And by the way thus far my response in this thread(about 4 or so) have all had to do with LOI's down under, ab meri galti ke koi Test mein ghus gaya!!