Rohit Sharma Appreciation Thread

Bumper

As much talented as he is, he comes after Manoj Tiwary in my pecking order..... Tiwary got a chance earlier than him and lost out to a freak injury.... Based on watching both of them, both are hugely talented with Tiwary slightly more so.... Rohit has definitely proven he can handle the big stage mentally though..... not much to separate them in fielding.... But I love Tiwary's batting style... a mix of Yuvraj and Pieterson... I would love to see em both in the team...

Class. Batted like a proper Bombay batsman. Gorgeous straight drives, some good innovation and the way he batted in tandem with SRT was awesome - loved how he targeted Bracken and smashed him around the ground to take pressure off Sachin when SRT was cramping up. Now I just want to watch these two bat together in a test. :D

Sure does. My pick of the tournament thus far. Has played 3 quality innings, all under pressure. Ian Chappell rates him very highly. What catches my eye is his sheer confidence in the middle, he seems like he already belongs there. Good to see Indian think tank persisting with him, the lad needs a good long run. I would love to see him bat alongside Manoj Tiwary at number 3-4.

He has the technique for an opener. I'd groom one of Tiwary/Raina at Rohit's slot & move Rohit to the opening slot. We need to groom an opener to replace Sachin, when he retires (which may be very soon). Rohit looks the best possible candidate for that position at the moment.

I dont think there is a tougher test for a youngster than playing in Australia against Australia in a pressure situation while chasing. He came out in flying colors. What a superb knock that was. He has the talent, the attitude and the temperament.

Uthappa is quality as well despite recent failures. Not sure if he will be a great test player but will be regular in odis for a while. Uthappa is explosive
I think there is distict space between Robin and Rohit....Rohit being the better one. Robin's habit of shuffling across does not seem to go away. He was doing that even in the last match. Its a big drawback for an opener. Rohit looks much more compact and his footwork is impeccable.