Dhoni's young guns!

Is Dhoni playing Favourites?? why Dhoni has not given much chance to Raina and Tiwary also Sehwag should have been asked to come in the middle order when Yuvi is struggling clearly.. Backing up the players is one thing...and playing the best XI which can win for India is another thing.. i see some personal preferences in the selection of XI.. Raina is in clear competition for the place of Yuvi in ODIs and Tests.. Tiwary and Sharma are two middle order bats.. with Yuvi out of form...had any of these players performed in two consecutive matches...it would have been difficult for Dhoni to replace them.. Thats why Yuvi was persisted with even when Raina and Tiwary are warming the benches.. i think Dhoni is not doing any good for the confidence of these players.. he has already eliminated seniors..and Now Viru is also on the fringes... i feel as if Dhoni wants a bunch of players who woll play for him..and not for the country.. and those who can be a danger for his authority are getting raw deal..and are pushed to fringes.. i may be wrong in my assessment but this is how i see things happening at present..

The team is in the highest of spirits at present, under Dhoni's leadership. That will rub off on the youngsters too. They will get their chance...Dhoni at present, has to go in with his best side. I am sure they will get a run in upcoming ODIs in India at non-crucial phases to prove their worth. And if they perform, they go on from there to become more permanent. We all know what Yuvi is capable of if he fires...match winner. He is having a bit of a nightmare, but from his past record, he should be persisted with. He is a big match player. I back him to come good tomorrow.

Its an accusation every captain faces....favoritisms...a captain can pick only 11 for a match and always there are people who accuse him of having the blue-eyed boys in his team. We do not know what goes on in there. He must have his reasons of making selections. We should trust his judgments from here. He fears no one....else dada and RD would be in the team. He has been backing youngsters.....he cant back more than11 in one match, right?

Guest HariSampath

Yuvraj is an automatic choice in ODIs and there is no question of dropping him, thats why Dhoni persists with him, he will come good and has already seen some form 2 games back. Dhoni is perfectly justified in selecting the team he wants, afterall he has to deal with it in the middle. When Dhoni wanted Ganguly and Dravid out of the team, everyone screamed here that the youngsters will stumble and we will be back to the "oldies", but the youngsters ( Gambhir, Ishant, Rohit, Praveen, Chawla) have all come good and Dhoni has taken his team into the finals and even beaten Aus in the first one !! So hats off to Dhoni, he has been the best ODI skipper we have had since Kapil Dev

Dhoni, like Ganguly and Dravid, has identified his own men. Cricketers that he believes will deliver for him and hence, will back them to the hilt. In some cases, it will be a boneheaded decision and in others, hailed as a genius one. Gangs' boys were Zak,Yuvi,Bhajji and Veeru. No matter what the situation, they almost always played. Under Gangs, Bhajji even became #1 in our spinners pecking order, ahead of Kumble.

recently i came to know that Deepika Padukone has ditched Yuvi...apparently she didn't like her possessive attitude..and Yuvi's other is not happy with all this... i think its a good set back for yuvi..he was really flying high after those 6 sixes and a catch like Deepika.. his bad form and other things should make him think that life changes in a moment.. those who loved him few months back are now raising questions about his place in XI.. i think its a good learning experience for him... Yuvi and Pathan should share theie experiences with new comers..

I feel selection of Praveen Kumar is more questionable. Yes, PK got wickets in the last two matches. However, they were not great balls for the most part. The batsmen were going for injudicious shots, and made mistakez. Not sure that will keep repeating.