Is this the end of Captain Ponting?

It's quite funny to see how many Indians want to abandon a tour (not due to war or political reasons but because they can't handle the game. India won the ODI's cos they played good finals games and Australia wasn't up to it. Just can't stand to see Indians cry!

It's quite funny to see how many Indians want to abandon a tour (not due to war or political reasons but because they can't handle the game. India won the ODI's cos they played good finals games and Australia wasn't up to it. Just can't stand to see Indians cry!
We are cryingg.. yeah we are indeed crying..... Whatever mate..... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger: wait till oct the Gavaskar -border trophy is going to India :eyedance::eyedance::eyedance::eyedance::eyedance:
its shocking to see how aussies want to abandon a tour of pakistan for a few $$$ and btw we're not crying, thats everyone you know :dance:
Indians will be Indians though!
u r better off speaking to an aussie then .. maybe hayden or Symo .. but wait .. those big mouths are missing right now .. arent they ??? correct me if I am wrong "some one called me monkey" -- couldnt prove "made monkey taunts @ SCG" -- couldnt prove "India is not winning any"--- :giggle: do I need to say something ... Go n thank Bucknor for the sydney test else it would have been 2-1 to India ....

I'll leave you alone now with this. India probably still would have won cos they played the better cricket in the finals and Sachin's innings were wonderful to watch. Just be sure to whinge and moan about everything that annoys you about umpires (pick your own) and general cricket so when October comes round we can see the two best cricketing nations go head to head again. Aussie's won't be booking early flights home!

I'll leave you alone now with this. India probably still would have won cos they played the better cricket in the finals and Sachin's innings were wonderful to watch. Just be sure to whinge and moan about everything that annoys you about umpires (pick your own) and general cricket so when October comes round we can see the two best cricketing nations go head to head again. Aussie's won't be booking early flights home!
good luck ... :hatsoff:
u r better off speaking to an aussie then .. maybe hayden or Symo .. but wait .. those big mouths are missing right now .. arent they ??? correct me if I am wrong "some one called me monkey" -- couldnt prove "made monkey taunts @ SCG" -- couldnt prove "India is not winning any"--- :giggle: do I need to say something ... Go n thank Bucknor for the sydney test else it would have been 2-1 to India ....
hahahaha :hysterical:

Geoff Lawson with some observations: http://www.theage.com.au/news/cricket/australia-to-pull-out-of-pakistan-tour-lawson/2008/03/03/1204402368610.html

The damage to Australia's reputation would be worsened, Lawson believes, if players joined the lucrative Indian Premier League during the period they were due to tour Pakistan. "It would be a terrific coincidence," Lawson said. "You would like to think that wouldn't be what it was about, but the amounts of money being talked about are massive. To a certain degree, it's pretty embarrassing to be over here and hearing some of the stuff being said. "When people here read what (Andrew) Symonds has had to say about touring Pakistan, there is a lot of shaking of the head. There is no knowledge behind those comments whatsoever. "Australian players don't realise how important the game is to other countries. They carry on like pork chops about nothing, but don't realise the impact it has elsewhere. It's ridiculous. This decision is far bigger than just the fate of a few matches. "It's not just a couple of Tests or TV revenue. It's the precedent it would set. It would give everybody an out from coming here because 'that's what Australia did'. It would be a massive blow to the general public, too. With all that they have to put up with day-to-day, I think it would be wrong to deny them this."
Lawson also predicted that an Australian withdrawal from Pakistan would further damage the image of a team yet to recover from the highly controversial Indian series. "There is disaffection generally with the way the Australians behave. There is great respect for their ability … but bugger all respect for the way they play the game."
Unlikely that Ponting will face the ax. I think Australia might have finally realized that they were beaten in both series by a better team.
Aussies teams of the past wouldn't tolerate such failures. Australia didn't play poor cricket in the '02 VB Series either - they just ran into Shane Bond. No lack of sympathy for Waugh back then, who was a much better captain too. I will be delighted if he stays on. Why ? Because Ponting's survival will only confirm how far the Aussies' standards have fallen. We'll know that they are in our league and not the invincible juggernaut they were made out to be prior to this series. He was always an average captain anyway - just never happened to be tested by a genuinely good captain. India found one in Dhoni and look how closely contested every single IND-AUS series has been since then.