Praveen Kumar - Just love his attitude

Well played, PK. However two thingz he needs to do: 1. Good swing - hatz off to that. However, please please do work with Venkatesh Prasad or whoever to increase the speed gradually. Not all conditions will suit swing bowling, and he will be hit all over the park if he trundles in at this pace in some other pitch conditionz. So, speed is important, and he needs to up it gradually. ALL SAID AND DONE - his speed is Trundler speed, so lets get him off that "trundler zone"!!! He's got potential. 2. Please do learn to bat better. Question to salil, chandan, whoever watches domestics: Isnt he top order or opener or something in domestics? Did u see his batting in CB Series - reminds one of tailenders holding the bat, and not a top or middle order batsman? Does he bat differently in domestics?

Batting and fielding averages Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St ODIs 5 3 0 25 12 8.33 28 89.28 0 0 2 0 2 0 T20Is 1 1 0 6 6 6.00 10 60.00 0 0 0 0 0 0 First-class 25 42 2 945 78 23.62 1274 74.17 0 5 102 31 4 0 List A 41 38 1 879 64 23.75 826 106.41 0 4 6 0 Twenty20 5 5 1 113 76* 28.25 86 131.39 0 1 13 2 0 0 *** Not a good player with the bat. But, he may bat for around 40-50 runs, inconsistently. Bowling averages Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10 ODIs 5 5 300 225 10 4/31 4/31 22.50 4.50 30.0 2 0 0 T20Is 1 1 12 15 1 1/15 1/15 15.00 7.50 12.0 0 0 0 First-class 25 47 5649 2709 126 8/68 10/160 21.50 2.87 44.8 11 8 1 List A 41 2124 1573 73 5/32 5/32 21.54 4.44 29.0 3 2 0 Twenty20 5 5 104 84 6 2/5 2/5 14.00 4.84 17.3 0 0 0 *** His best bowling is in First-class, 126 wkts off 25 matches with 8/68 as best figures.

i know he probably has "runs batting in domestic"...but his technique looked tailender-ish and I've heard he is top order bat in domestics... If you've "seen him" bat in domestics (not just stats), then: 1. Does he have 60% of Pathan's technique atleast (while batting)? or 2. is Praveen Kumar's batting == Ramesh Powar (Whale)'s batting? - really bad at Intl level or 3. is Praveen Kumar's batting == Harbhajan Singh's batting (which is BETTER than whale ramesh powar)

as far as i can tell' date=' bhajji is waaaaaaaay better than him. he does deliver some meaty blows, but very touch and go. maybe a coach would help a little, but I want him to concentrate on his bowling more.[/quote']
eyes closed slogger. Saw the finals between Delhi and UP. It was horrible from him
Ok, Whale Ramesh Powar-ish then. Thanks for the info. He should focus on his bowling and we can play him as #9 or #10 batsman in ODIs below bhajji.
PK was regarded as a decent bat and i know he's scored some runs in domestic or India A but so far from what i've seen, he looks very ordinary, but then again, he hasnt really had that much of a chance
Deal, let him be a medium-pacer. We already have two alrounders, MSD ( established ) and IKP ( establishing ).

Praveen urges fans not to put pressure on him Brisbane: "Don't put pressure on me," were the words of the hero of the CB series - Praveen Kumar, who is already feeling the heat of instant stardom. With 10 wickets in the CB series and two man-of-the-match awards, Praveen Kumar was without a doubt among India's heroes Down Under. Praveen spoke exclusively to CNN-IBN's Vimal Kumar on the series, his experience and his idol Kapil Dev. more...

so good to read. I'm sure under Dhoni, he will become a lot more tougher mentally. I still dont think he is a great talent, but he has definitely taken to international cricket very easily and that is something very awesome about all our young cricketers. Love his attitude and all the best to him.

‘Finals were like a Ranji match’ In an interview with Sharad Deep the 21-year-old Praveen Kumar says his ability to swing the ball gave him the confidence. More... ‘Tri-series finals were like a Ranji match’ Sharad Deep, Hindustan Times Lucknow, March 10, 2008 First Published: 00:46 IST(10/3/2008) Last Updated: 14:02 IST(10/3/2008) Crowds follow him wherever he goes. But the fan following has had little impact on India's latest bowling sensation Praveen Kumar, who wants to enjoy the game like he did earlier. The 21-year-old seamer rocked world champions Australia with devastating spells in the tri-series finals to play a crucial part in India's historic victory. HT caught up with the all-rounder during his short visit to the state capital. Excerpts: Are you experiencing a change after the success in Australia? Undoubtedly, the success has boosted my confidence, but I haven't lost my head. You didn't look excited after taking wickets in the finals? I am 'famous' for my on field acts in domestic cricket, so I was cautious against the Aussies. Any unconventional behaviour could have got me into trouble. Aggression is a must in cricket, especially against the Australians, but it should be in the mind, not in the heart. Did you expect to play and come up with fantastic spells? I was confident of playing, as there were a lot of matches before the finals. But I wasn't sure about the superlative show. I focussed on my strengths and that helped. Were you surprised after being given the new ball in Brisbane (the second final)? No. Even in my one-off tie against Pakistan, Dhoni had encouraged me to commence with the new ball. Here too, he asked me to be confident and the results are before you. Did you feel the pressure of bowling to greats like Gilchrist, Ponting & Hayden? It was like a Ranji Trophy match and there was no pressure. I was confident of getting wickets, as I knew my ability to swing the ball late would be a boon. After both the matches, you avoided speaking to the commentators? Apna haath angregi me thora tang hai (I hesitate while speaking in English). I have decided not to miss further opportunities, but I will only speak in my mother tongue Hindi. How did it feel to share the dressing room with Tendulkar and Dhoni? It was fascinating and like a dream come true. The seniors were very supportive and inspired me to do well. Do you see Uttar Pradesh cricket benefitting from your success? I am happy that several cricketers from the state are in the national side. It is inspirational to have teammates like RP, Raina and Chawla around you, especially on such a long tour.

Keeping batsmen guessing worked NEW DELHI, March 9: Meerut boy Praveen Kumar, one of the finds of the tri-series Down Under, is suddenly a star after his stunning show with the ball in Australia. A medium-pacer who can move the ball prodigiously, Praveen is also a useful lower-order batsman and offers an excellent all-round option for the Indian team. He spoke to TOI on Sunday. Excerpts from the interview: Are your surprised by this sudden fame? Like any other aspiring cricketer, I always had a dream to play for my country. But I never though that my bowling could make such a big impact in my first series away from home. When I got the opportunity to show my worth, I really wanted to give it my best shot. This journey is a dream come true for me. From here on, I really want to work harder on my all-round abilities to help my team. Regarding fame, I think, it's again a dream that people know you by your name. It's a great honour. I am sure Meerut will produce more cricketer for India. Has life changed after India's win in Australia? For me, everything just remains the same. But my success has given a lot of happiness to my family and friends and I hope to continue the good work. What were your thoughts when the selectors picked you for the Australian tri-series? I had a good Ranji season and I knew what my strengths were. I knew I had to do the basic things well. For a bowler like me, line and length is the most important thing and that is why pitching the ball in right areas is a must. I was pretty confident about my ability and was not scared to bowl against some of the best batsmen in the world. The basic thing was to keep the batsmen guessing and that really worked. In future, I also want to contribute with my bat. There wasn't any expression on your face when you got Ricky Ponting's wicket in the first final in Sydney? It really does not matter which batsman is on strike if you can bowl well. I knew that Ponting is one of the best in the world, but If I pitch the ball in right areas, there is nothing to worry about. Hopefully, I will get more opportunities to show my skills. In the second final when Dhoni gave you the new ball, was there any pressure? I thought it was a great honour to bowl with the new ball in the final match. I was encouraged and wanted to stand up and be counted. In the virtual semifinal against Sri Lanka, I had four wickets and that was a pressure match and in the last match again, I was confident of handling the situation. I am really thankful to my well-wishers that I came out of that situation victorious. Which wicket in the tri-series gave your the maximum satisfaction? If you are playing for India, all wickets are important. So, I really can't single out one. http://cricket.indiatimes.com/News/Keeping_batsmen_guessing_worked_Praveen_Kumar/articleshow/2850418.cms

NEW DELHI, March 9: Meerut boy Praveen Kumar, one of the finds of the tri-series Down Under, is suddenly a star after his stunning show with the ball in Australia. A medium-pacer who can move the ball prodigiously, Praveen is also a useful lower-order batsman and offers an excellent all-round option for the Indian team. He spoke to TOI on Sunday. Excerpts from the interview: Are your surprised by this sudden fame? Like any other aspiring cricketer, I always had a dream to play for my country. But I never though that my bowling could make such a big impact in my first series away from home. When I got the opportunity to show my worth, I really wanted to give it my best shot. This journey is a dream come true for me. From here on, I really want to work harder on my all-round abilities to help my team. Regarding fame, I think, it's again a dream that people know you by your name. It's a great honour. I am sure Meerut will produce more cricketer for India. Has life changed after India's win in Australia? For me, everything just remains the same. But my success has given a lot of happiness to my family and friends and I hope to continue the good work. What were your thoughts when the selectors picked you for the Australian tri-series? I had a good Ranji season and I knew what my strengths were. I knew I had to do the basic things well. For a bowler like me, line and length is the most important thing and that is why pitching the ball in right areas is a must. I was pretty confident about my ability and was not scared to bowl against some of the best batsmen in the world. The basic thing was to keep the batsmen guessing and that really worked. In future, I also want to contribute with my bat. There wasn't any expression on your face when you got Ricky Ponting's wicket in the first final in Sydney? It really does not matter which batsman is on strike if you can bowl well. I knew that Ponting is one of the best in the world, but If I pitch the ball in right areas, there is nothing to worry about. Hopefully, I will get more opportunities to show my skills. In the second final when Dhoni gave you the new ball, was there any pressure? I thought it was a great honour to bowl with the new ball in the final match. I was encouraged and wanted to stand up and be counted. In the virtual semifinal against Sri Lanka, I had four wickets and that was a pressure match and in the last match again, I was confident of handling the situation. I am really thankful to my well-wishers that I came out of that situation victorious. Which wicket in the tri-series gave your the maximum satisfaction? If you are playing for India, all wickets are important. So, I really can't single out one. http://cricket.indiatimes.com/News/Keeping_batsmen_guessing_worked_Praveen_Kumar/articleshow/2850418.cms
OK! Respect and Kudos! Attitude plays a HUGE role in any area of life, and I would consider it a more important factor than talent in any field. Seems this fella has it. Let's see where it takes him.
MOUNI, show your useless self damn it..show him respect now :P ownd aus completly OBI. wont be good enuff for whiners like finey since the man cant touch 140 km
:finger:. Good to see, youngster's helpin india and the way he swung the ball, reminds me of my own bowlin