Scorecard of the day - Those memories of the exit door shown to our friendz

Short highlights of the match i uploaded many months ago; [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Jhv8qb0BZI&watch_response]YouTube - INDIA vs PAKISTAN - Highlights of the 1996 WORLD CUP CLASH[/ame] An absolutely thrilling match between the two subcontinental giants on the biggest stage imaginable - the WORLD CUP. In front of an atmosphere of 50,000 Indian fans at Bangalore, the two teams played out an epic which will be remembered for years to come. From terrific catches, to stump destroying bowling, to big hitting from the batsmen - this match HAD IT ALL.

Good one Cricketics! I was present in the Chinnaswamy stadium during this game!:isalute::isalute::isalute::isalute: This was the first game under lights in Bangalore and we were in the newly constructed Eastern upper stands. Everything about this game was an experience that will stay alive in me through my life...starting from obtaining the tickets after spending a night on the footpaths of Cubbon road, - Being the only person in the group to actually predict a Ind-Pak QF at the time of buying the tickets. - The few days of preparations prior to the game, - Running around chanting slogans near our Cricket ground four days before the game, with our specially ordered 10m flag, - Entering the stadium (yes!really..took us a grand four hours and we sneaked in at 1405 hours, just minutes before the start of the game. This was quite an experience!), - Loud expressions of "Oh Noooooooooooo Azza:((" on seeing the electronic scoreboard display "India has won the toss and elected to bat". The SL thrashing was fresh in our minds. - on speculation that this might be the last time we would see India blues and Pakistan greens battling it out on the Cricket pitch in Bangalore or maybe even in India. (Thankfully, that was so wrong) - On being so excited as the Indian opening batsmen walked in. I can't recall being so pumped / emotionally charged in a cricket stadium before/after...Ind-Pak champions trophy game at Birmingham might come second, but behind by a country mile. - The endless celebrations towards the end of the Indian innings as we continuously revised our target from the initial 255 and as Jadeja/Kumble/Srinath stepped it up, we had grand illusions of 300, - Feasting on the home-made chappatis filled with heavenly allo/onion palya(see pic) inside and finishing off with slurpy garnished curd rice. - The pin drop silence in the ground as the opening pair massacred our bowling, - Looking at my friends around me during the first 10 overs. we looked at each other, but didn't/couldn't utter a word. The looks said it all! - A superstitious ban issued by my friends, against my Bugle-blowing issued during the Pak innings. The ban was temporarily lifted for a few minutes, each time a Pakistan wicket tumbled down. - The loud cheers that went up in our stands after we realized that Pakistan was docked an over for slow over-rate. I think we realized this after ~30-31 overs of their innings, on seeing a mis-match in the required run-rate between our calculations and the scoreboard display. - The scare by Latif with his lusty hitting, [i haven't seen a bigger hit than his second six in this game..amazing shot!] - Going gaga over Miandad's dismissal - more triggered by our watching the third umpire lights go on for first time than the actual dismissal itself. We wanted him to help India further by staying on.:cantstop: - and ofcourse, the delirious partying that followed our win. The entire city traffic seemed to be headed towards MG road and we danced around and shouted slogans like there's no tomorrow...hi-fi'ing/hugging random fellow-fans on the street.. Gosh...recalling the experiences of this match has given me goosebumps. For the record, we had no clue about the spat between Venki and Sohail - mostly probably since our heads were down, buried in despair as the ball headed towards the boundary. On returning home at ~4am the following morning, my mom told me about it. She had recorded the entire game for us and guess what? I sat up to watch the Jadeja batting at that hour:D. damn...there was no way I could have slept that "night". Another interesting story from this game: A group of my college seniors had also come to watch the game. My "seat" in the gallery was not far from the exit. After 7-8 overs of the Pakistan innings, I saw the entire lot making their way to the exit. They looked at me and said "Game over! We are off to down some beers" I caught up with them in college after a few days. Apparently, they got out of the stadium and walked down a eerily deserted MG road, with not a soul or traffic in sight. As they crossed St. Marks road, they heard an almighty earthquake-sque roar from the stadium and rushed into the nearest pub to watch Anwar's dismissal. The sods had not gotten their outpasses and so, watched the rest of the game in Ramada's (Now called "Night Watchman"). I have recalled this game every year on March 9th since '96. I had not recalled it so far today. Thanks to Tics for keeping my ritual alive.:top::hatsoff: oh damn it....if time machines were a reality, I would love to go through all of this once again....... ..............& yet again please if possible!:isalute::isalute: