Bumrah as Captain?

4 hours ago, cricketfan28 said:

kohli is good enough. 

Understand that kohli is much better than selfish msd and even rohit.

We reached semifinals and was close to winning.

Even being captain kohli is able to bat well..no past Indian captain has managed his captaincy and his batting both.

Remember David ganguly failed as batsman after becoming captains.

Even I captained my team ..when I captained a thought went into my head that I should not get out.

I scored but all my Innings were slow defensive innings.

I was playing under pressure...where as without captaincy I saw the ball and tried to hit it ...a captains  batting goes down ...kohli also has his batting going down marginally but he is more responsible.

I support kohli.

As few posters said above, there are few points why we don't look fast bowlers as Captaincy material even though Bumrah might have astute cricketing acumen. 

1) They are injury prone and moreover with the amount of cricket and different format India plays, Bumrah has to skip few series and tours to keep himself fit. 

2) Very rarely you seen in Indian Cricket a young guy being trusted with responsibility. Even if it done, it will be mostly the batsmen who is established ala Ganguly, think Dhoni started Captaincy in his late 20's.

But India need to keep an eye on who is going to be the next captain who could serve for 5 to 6 years. They should identify and starting grooming him for 4 to 5 years under Rohit for LOIs and Kohli for tests. My bet would be Gill, Hardik but looks like Shreyas Iyer is being looked as next prospect and will be trumpeted by Sanju, Gunju (Gavaskar) & co:phew:

Honestly, he is in best of his form. Captaincy adds a bit more responsibility & pressure on him. Though he is not an official captain, he always takes that extra responsibility and leads the bowling attack. So, I think its better to leave him like that until we find another match-winning bowler like him.

On 7/18/2019 at 9:01 PM, vayuu1 said:

Coz genius, he is one of the very few bowler who plan's his dismissals And doesn't lose it completely,when someone tries to hit him, Bhuvi on the other hand, goes into panic mode.

Ok ultra genius.. didn't know Bumrah tells you all of his planning.. brilliant