The Ashes (2019)

1 minute ago, Nikola said:

Labuschagne gets hit by archer. What a bowling this has been by someone who is doing debut.

Archer's got serious pace and accuracy. In the IPL, I noticed that he would appear to bowl well within himself but still get disconcerting bounce from just short of a length. Here, he is steaming in full tilt and the batters are feeling the heat.

Just now, Kronadler said:

These clowns look like they are playing into the hype around Archer. What a shame this Aussie line up has become. And no Starc....azzhole Aussie selectors. About time to give it back to the Poms. 

I think Starc has been punished for going totally AWOL in the semi final. While they said that he has been bowling ODI lengths and is not ready for tests, they didn't apply the same logic for Cummins.

1 minute ago, nevada said:

I think Starc has been punished for going totally AWOL in the semi final. While they said that he has been bowling ODI lengths and is not ready for tests, they didn't apply the same logic for Cummins.

Time to hit some helmets. Rubbish selection bringing in Grandpa Siddle into the side.

13 minutes ago, Kronadler said:

Look, he may have pace. But its not like you cannot negotiate it. This clown line up is purely hyping this guy up.

He is bowling at lords with slope. It's just his first test but if you are talking just about pace then this has to be one of the fastest one has bowled in his debut and he will continue to improve.

3 minutes ago, Nikola said:

He is bowling at lords with slope. It's just his first test but if you are talking just about pace then this has to be one of the fastest one has bowled in his debut and he will continue to improve.

Not taking anything away from Archer (great import find for Poms). Its just that this Aussie line up is brittle without Smith. On top of that, shocking to see Warner struggle so badly.