England v Europe in Champions' League

Dhondy

Liverpool become the second side afer Arsenal this season to breach the Italian fortress. First AC, now Inter. Real already knocked out, failing to make the QF for the fourth time in a row. How things change! All four English sides through to the last eight. What sides are they playing? I see names like Schalke, Roma, Fenerbahce... Would be shocking if one of the English sides don't replicate Liverpool's cup triumph of a few seasons ago. Barcelona, and possibly Roma in their way.

An English club will definitely win the CL this season. I am completely sure - i could even bet money it. The Premiership's top 4 is easily the best in Europe. Spanish football has declined and Italian football was represented so well by Milan and Juventus; but now both teams have fizzled out as their key players grow older one season after the next. English clubs have the financial muscle, the prospects to attract the best players, and they play the best football. This is more or less as good as it could ever get for English football. Barcelona are the only realistic threat, but they just lost Messi for 6 weeks (he has been their best player this season by a fair distance) and being a keen Spanish football enthusiast, i know for a fact that they wouldn't last long against Manutd or Arsenal on their current form. Chelsea and Liverpool could beat them over two legs. Liverpool have had quite a bit of luck in the CL so far, and even though the aggregate of the two legs will show that they were a different class from Inter, it's not completely true. They benefited immensely from dodgy refereeing in both legs, as Inter had defenders sent off for nothing at Anfield (Materrazzi) and then today at San Siro (Burdisso). Those two pathetic decisions changed the complexion of the contest entirely. Don't know how long their luck will last. I am liking Manutd or Arsenal at the moment - they look very hard to beat.

Crouch had an excellent game today against the gunners. Arsenal again failed to capitalize on their possession. My prediction - for champions league; Semi finals: Man U vs Barca Chelsea vs Liverpool Final Liverpool vs Man U and Man U will beat the crap out of Liverpool lol Ronaldo is just too crazy right now

Walcott's run to set up Adebayor's goal was the stuff of dreams. He came on too late. I am disappointed that such a good match was decided by a soft penalty. In a Premiership match, that foul on Babel wouldn't have been called. Arsenal should have won this match, but nothing goes wrong for Liverpool in the CL

Can't believe Gary Neville has been drawing 30 grand a week sitting on his ass for a year, looking at his foot. Only in Manchester. But Hargreaves==Beckham. What a hard working lad!
Happens everywhere. The most infamous case of a player being paid over 50k a week for playing in the reserves (even though he was fully fit) was Winston Bogarde at Chelsea. That's why i have so much respect for ex-Real Madrid captain Fernando Redondo. He transferred to Milan in '01, only to fall victim to a terrible knee injury. Went two years without playing, came back in the '03 season, got injured again. Even though he was a highly paid player, he refused to accept wages from Milan until he could earn them by spending minutes on the pitch rather than in the surgeon's office. What a guy

1999-2008. Nine years of choking, falling at the penultimate post, nine years of underachievement and living off that last minute winner by Solkszaer. Tonight, an opportunity to set the record straight. Will they take it? Will they heck! Manchester United lost their big chance when they failed to get the away goal at the Barnabeau. Tonight, Barca are going to bundle them out of Champion's League for another season. United simply can't handle the heat of playing an European decider at home. How many times have we seen them fail before the Old Trafford faithful when it really counted? Tonight won't be different. All ye reds, get ready to weep.