First time I played coolly during tri-series: Sreesanth

My main job is to take wickets: Sreesanth Kochi: India's S Sreesanth may have proved expensive as a bowler during the tri-series in Australia but the firebrand paceman says conceding runs never really bothered him since his main job was to take wickets for the team. Sreesanth, who missed the Tests due to a shoulder injury but was drafted in the team for the tri-series which India won, picked only nine wickets conceding a huge 232 runs in the seven matches he played for an economy rate of 5.75. But the flamboyant fast bowler defended himself, saying his job in the team was to take wickets and he was not worried about how many runs he gives in the process. "I am basically a wicket taking bowler. I concentrate on my bowling and not on how much runs I concede. My job is to take wickets. The team also wants the same," said the bowler known for his aggression. Sreesanth, however, said it felt great to be a part of the team that defeated the Aussies and attributed the success to the players' not losing their focus on cricket despite off-field controversies. "Australia were number one in the world for the last 10 to 15 years, but that has changed now. It is a beginning for India," said Sreesanth, on returning home from Delhi. Sreesanth said players refrained from discussing controversies during the tour. "The players never discussed such things. We just concentrated on cricket. Our job was to perform." On Praveen Kumar, who won the man-of-the-match award in the second final of the tri-series, Sreesanth said "I know him from Ireland series. Kumar has been a revelation, while Ishant Sharma, another success on the tour, has the height advantage," he said. Sreesanth, who was not sure of playing in Australia owing to the shoulder injury, said his family and friends supported him while he was undergoing Ayurveda treatment. "I was not sure of playing in Australia. I am grateful to my family members and friends for supporting me during that time which gave me full confidence." On the coming South Africa series at home, he expressed the hope that India would do well against South Africa. Asked why no officials from the Kerala Cricket Association were there to receive him, Sreesanth said "my family members and friends are here". When contacted, KCA officials said they were told that Sreesanth would be arriving by a 12.50 pm flight but were not informed about the change in his travel plans and arrival by an earlier flight.
Guest Hiten.

But the question is ... do you ever take wickets mate ? Seriously, this guy should cut down his bravado and start working on his bowling.

But the question is ... do you ever take wickets mate ? Seriously, this guy should cut down his bravado and start working on his bowling.
Oh trust me ... this guy works on his bowling. I went to an Indian training session prior to the first final in Sydney. While other bowlers were bowling for about an hour or so at a decent pace, Sreesanth was bowling for over 2 hours at full pace off a full run up, and getting help from Venky. He is a very motivated, hard worker. Just give him some time.

First time I played coolly during tri-series: Sreesanth Paceman S Sreesanth said during the Australia tri-series he made the effort to keep his emotions under control and maintained his composure for the first time. More... News First time I played coolly during tri-series: Sreesanth PTI DUBAI, March 13: Paceman S Sreesanth said during the tri-series in Australia he made the effort to keep his emotions under control and maintained his composure for the first time. Sreesanth believed that his unusual composure could be because of the medicines he took to recover from his injury. "This is the first time I have played coolly. I think it has a lot to do with the ayurvedic treatment that I underwent after my recent injury," said the Kerala pacer, who was here on a promotional trip. "Whenever I felt like saying something I controlled myself and did my talking when I walked back to my run up," he added. Sreesanth visited a local jail to distribute 50 air tickets to the inmates who were punished for petty crimes and did not have money to go back home. "I was deeply touched by all of them who have been away from their near and dear ones for years. I really feel happy to be part of such a noble cause," he said.

He is lucky to have kept cool in the series.....otherwise the aussies would have got hime fined or reprimanded too. He is good to have also kept cool even when the ausies were trying to provoke him on the field. Personally, I think he bowled very well in this series but I'd like to see that aggressive Sreesanth back coz thats what i love him for!