Holy mother, not again !

Ram

Guest HariSampath
Jokes and barbs aside' date= Plz update on Rain situation in Madras...Vignesh? HariSampath?
Sunday morning started as the perfect day for cricket. Blazing Sun , a couple of minutes of mild rain and again sun, no clouds in sight. :yay: I am told Chepauk outfield is 80% dried up, and it will just take 1-2 hrs for the whole ground to be hard and dry. Its a fast outfield too. Hope the rains which have stopped, stay away as being forecast now. Heaps of boys playing a dozen games on the beaches, the buzz everywhere is cricket..I shall try to provide whatever tidbits I can...maybe a Chennai tidbits thread for the test match week.
Guest HariSampath
Okay Folkz, Knock It Off.. Delhi Daredevils U All Should Be Talkin About.. Lead By Sehwag.. Gambhir, Glenn Mcgrath, Abd Villerz.. And Many More
Oh yeah ? led by how many more.....? thats a lot of captains and many has beens....forget devils...how about a side who play some Super cricket and are destined to be The Kings ? :giggle: Led by ONE , the Indian ODI captain...the name is Dhoni......Mahendra Singh Dhoni :D
Sunday morning started as the perfect day for cricket. Blazing Sun , a couple of minutes of mild rain and again sun, no clouds in sight. :yay: I am told Chepauk outfield is 80% dried up, and it will just take 1-2 hrs for the whole ground to be hard and dry. Its a fast outfield too. Hope the rains which have stopped, stay away as being forecast now. Heaps of boys playing a dozen games on the beaches, the buzz everywhere is cricket..I shall try to provide whatever tidbits I can...maybe a Chennai tidbits thread for the test match week.
@Hari: Sounds good. @Vignesh: Thx for the update.

Finallyyyyyyy The Sun Shows Its GODDAMN face up in chennai @cricketics The Drainage System @ the MAC is one of the best in India if not the best............... Plus the ground water levels in chennai should also help in the qiuck drying......... The GWLs are pretty low.............. That makes the unearthed ground hungry for water........... resulting in quicker drying than most other places...................

Guest HariSampath

Maybe we should ask the rain to hover around a few miles from Chennai...just in case we are struggling to escape defeat...then we would have to rely only on Dhoni and rain :-)

WTF !! There's another blob of cloud coming from the Bay of Bengal..
I am certain Ganguly is responsible...that mid-life crisis cloud hanging over his head is following him around the country...
Maybe we should ask the rain to hover around a few miles from Chennai...just in case we are struggling to escape defeat...then we would have to rely only on Dhoni and rain :-)
You Chennaiites may be good at a lot of things but rain prediction does not appear to be one of them...

weather.com usually gets it right ... Tonight Mar 23 Scattered T-Storms N/A/76° 50% High not valid after 2pm Mon Mar 24 Scattered T-Storms 87°/76° 60% 87°F Check Flight Delays Tue Mar 25 Scattered T-Storms 88°/77° 50% 88°F Wed Mar 26 Scattered T-Storms 89°/76° 60% 89°F Thu Mar 27 Isolated T-Storms 92°/76° 30% 92°F Airport Conditions Fri Mar 28 Mostly Cloudy 92°/76° 20% 92°F Sat Mar 29 Mostly Cloudy 92°/76° 20% 92°F Sun Mar 30 AM Clouds / PM Sun 92°/76° 20%

Well As Far as i am concerned i am not worrying coz Chennai today has not had nothing more than that drizzle in the morning........ Sun was beating down towards late afternoon and evening.......... I guess Rain has had enough of chennai already........... It appears to have left.................... Good Signs for cricket...................:yay:

Guest HariSampath
Ya...but we need to understand the true meaning of scattered Thunderstorms as per local conditions...that's why we need the Chennai rain experts...of which' date=' I think, Hari, can be called Prof Rain Man...[/quote'] I think if it doesnt rain for one more day, the test should be fine. It was sunny all of today and it doesnt look like raining in Chennai at the moment. Rain has been forecast for another 24 hrs in Tamil Nadu although only the southern districts are getting it. This spell of last 3-4 days is actually not from the bay of bengal, but its from the Arabian sea, so Chennai should be fine IF rains stays away for one day and I think it will. Pitch will be completely done 25th morning I am told, and hopefully it wont be a spiteful one, and we should have a 5 day test