BD players on strike. India tour under threat.

Mosher

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

So mediocre cricketers are not allowed to earn their living.All their demands look justified to me.They want infrastructure to improve and have long term success.

I am sure they get paid well as it is by BCB. (BCB is probably the 2nd richest Board among the Asian teams).

The irritating thing about this situation is what have they done to demand a Payrise. 

Infrastructure is not everything. England have a County Structure & get paid well. They have the most mediocre batsmen in the world. They import talent because lack of homegrown talent even though they have infrastructure, facilities etc. I know they won the world cup but in reality the more talented side is India they lost because of their errors. 

At the end of the day it is down to an individual drive whether they will be successful or not. 

2 hours ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

I am sure they get paid well as it is by BCB. (BCB is probably the 2nd richest Board among the Asian teams).

The irritating thing about this situation is what have they done to demand a Payrise. 

Infrastructure is not everything. England have a County Structure & get paid well. They have the most mediocre batsmen in the world. They import talent because lack of homegrown talent even though they have infrastructure, facilities etc. I know they won the world cup but in reality the more talented side is India they lost because of their errors. 

At the end of the day it is down to an individual drive whether they will be successful or not. 

They are not getting paid well.As their demands say, in BPL international cricketers are paid more than local international players.Domestic players are being peanuts compared to the money board is making from TV revenues.

How do you know they have not tried doing it privately and have been rejected.Players are reason why any board makes money.They are drawing cards, these players want better things for domestic players which is perfect fine to me.

Indian players are paid very less compared to the revenues BCCI generates mind you BCCI was non profit organization till recently. So where was all the money going.

No at end of the day it is all about making money for living.The drive to succeed will make you last longer in international cricket.

Good system might not gurantee world cups but it sure will encourage parents in letting their kids play the sport.New talent will come up only when that happens on regular basis.

27 minutes ago, putrevus said:

They are not getting paid well.As their demands say, in BPL international cricketers are paid more than local international players.Domestic players are being peanuts compared to the money board is making from TV revenues.

The reason they are getting paid less compared to their international counterparts is because they are not on the same level ability wise.

To be honest I have never watched BPL, but it is likely that the international players are of a higher ability, if not then your argument is valid.

Edited by Prabhdeep Singh