Indian Selectors In A Bind Ahead of Test Series : thoughts on Indian squad selected vs SA[Merged]

Dhondy

Guest Hiten.
I'd never read too much into one day results' date=' but RP Singh's five-fer against North Zone in the Deodhar shows he's back to his devastating best. He took out the top 5, [b']including Sehwag for less than a run a ball 81. (PK bagged a single wicket.) Insofar, his premature exit from the Aussie tour was a blessing in disguise, as there's no way he'd have been fit here had he played at Adelaide.
Veeru was picked by SR singh. God too many singh's these days in news :cantstop:
Guest Hiten.

Murali Kartik ruled out of Test series New Delhi: Left-arm spinner Murali Kartik, who was on Monday picked in the Indian squad for the first two Tests against South Africa at home, was later ruled out after sustaining an injury during a Deodhar Trophy game. Kartik was the third spinner picked for the series, but was ruled out for 3-6 weeks because of an ankle injury. Leg-spinner Piyush Chawla, who was the reserve spinner, will be included in the 14-man squad. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/murali-kartik-ruled-out-of-test-series/30352-13.html :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

sehwag n jaffer will open throughout the series, since gambhir hasn't bn named in the squad, it is certain that d selectors have faith in sehwag as test player, if not limited overs ishant will not b playing 1st test atleast, irfan will have to be there bhajji should b dropped on favour murali kartik, coz murali has the ability 2 take wickets, which unfortunately bhajji is lacking in piyush is a better odi player, thus murali will b the right choice 2 accompany jumbo sreesanth has to be there, as he is troublesome 3 d south africans, since andre nel isn't there, shanta will provide the fun and entertainment

now im pretty sure he wont get picked for the sl tour too since jaffer (flat track bully) will seal his place until after aus tours india and sehwag will continue his job :D so i feel sorry for chopra jaffers form in aus was atrocious and he and yuvi gets rewarded :(

i think Vengy is really weak waist down....Yograj can go to any extent for his son's selection... now i am having my doubts over Yuvi's selection in the team always...either its Bindra..( BUT HE IS TOO OLD NOW )...or Vengy and that selector from North... otherwise there was no way Yuvi could have got majority votes in selection meeting...

Chopra has his teammate Shewag's example of how not to score in domestics and still get selected. But' date=' unfortunately for him he is not a superstar and in India Hype sells.[/quote']
He needs to get hooked up with some starlet' date='learn to talk big and learn some dramebaazi from the likes of the monkey boy from punjab.[/quote'] You need "ishtyle", "stardom" like this to get selected...Yuseless in Tests :banghead: deepika-yuvraj.jpg Sehwag has "brand name", so he got selected last time scoring zilch in domestics. But just pure hard work, and scoring runs, ain't gonna get Chopra in the team. Poor chap! _39976799_chopra203.jpg
he isnt glamorous enough he should get some designer stubble, a six pack, a bolly girlfriend and brainlessly slog everything for six then they might pick him over yuvi
brainlessly slog is good enough. Even sixer not required. Just brainlessly slog and get out is acceptable :two_thumbs_up: But the designer stubble and Bolly GF is VERY IMPORTANT! Yuseless for Tests :angry_smile: Flat Track Test match Bully will score some runs in India, and then we will lug him along for away series as well!
Guest HariSampath

Akash Chopra is an average FC player, thats all. By no means was he ever close enough to International standard, and it was thoroughly exposed when he played in Australia. In any case he had a fairly good run of opportunities given his abilities, and was a comprehensive failure at the international level. He is a finished chapter and no one really seriously thinks he will come anywhere close to India selection.

A few good scores!!!! He has scored tons in oz when the heat was on. Yes tests are different then odis but you can get a real good guide of the class' date= temperament etc from odis. He has performed and has also scored bags loads of runs in first class cricket, A tours and challeneger trophy. He has earnt his chance and not getting it is a disgrace. I was slammed a year back by posters as I demanded his inclusion in all teams. I was mocked. He delivered! I tell you this fella is more of a test player then odi player. He needs his chance. I am stunned at his exclusion.
Yea, he delivered in CB series, but apart from that, his performance, even in ODIs was nothing to bloat about. Michael Hussey had to wait till he was 31 to make his debut and he averages 80 in tests. Just because you may be a good player, doesnt mean you just push out the well performing members of the team. Simply put, there is no place now for GG in the test squad, atleast for now. But yea, he is VERY VERY close.

He averagres 54 with 24 tons in first class cricket. Add that to his quality limited overs performances in international cricket which showed he has what it takes to handle it at that level, it really is a disgrace he is not given a proper run. He also was outstanding in A tours. He is 26 the perfect age as he is the finished product and ready to go! He is also very good fielder etc He has to play. He must shattered and his exclusion! Must be wondering what he has to do to get a run!

Yea' date=' he delivered in CB series, but apart from that, his performance, even in ODIs was nothing to bloat about. Michael Hussey had to wait till he was 31 to make his debut and he averages 80 in tests. Just because you may be a good player, doesnt mean you just push out the well performing members of the team. Simply put, there is no place now for GG in the test squad, atleast for now. But yea, he is VERY VERY close.[/quote'] No place???? WTF. Yeah cos yuvi and jaffer have really piled on the runs and made their exclusion impossible! O and cos Hussey waited till 31 gambhir also has to wait till 31. What logic is that!!