Over merging

Turbanator Join Date: Mar 2008 Posts: 25 $ICF: 1,404 yeah i thought of quitting ICF because of lot of merging. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- That's so cute!:icflove: I agree...too much merging going on. All selection threads can't be seen as one.

Guys, I think we were discussing same things in different threads. It made few people repeat their posts in these threads.Hence I merged them. Besides, the Gambhir thread was moving in a completely different direction where the old topic of how Sachin was retained despite poor performance in 3 series consecutively was getting discussed. We've discussed this topic million times on this forum. I didn't want another thread to get converted to it. Hence I merged it, seeing that no new points were being put on the subject. The thread is not closed. You can continue your discussion there. If there are any doubts, please PM me. Or post on this thread.

It doesn't break it. You chech "the selectors are in bind ahead of test series thread' and you'll find the Gambhir thread intact from third page onwards. Tell me whi discussion was broken. And in that thread few people were complaining of having many threads--selection, gambhir, chopra and so on. Tell me where are you in a discomfort in that thread.

well its painful to go to another thread where you have not gone before and look for the posts you want to follow, I have to go to page 3, why? Why can't that thread be seperate?
Because it is discussing the same thing that Dhondy's thread or Cricketic's thread are discussing. It is not "another thread". It is infact the same thread. If you were having a discussion on Gambhir's thread, just go to the last page.
Dhondy's thread was classic. It had different theme. Gambhir thread was different. I do not know whats wrong with have two threads. Some posters discuss there and some in Dhondy's thread.
Just don't get what the problem is. You can still keep discussing and just see where the Gambhir thread was meandering to.

Dhondy's thread was discussing about bhajji Gambhir thread was about Gambhir. Atleast do not merge big threads. Smaller threads its ok. It took me a while to find out the posts on Gambhir thread. If poster has to spend 10-15 minutes in finding the posts and threads, its not good thing. You are over-organising things.