Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

6 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Did you watch Bumrah's spell in the 4th test in England?

145 ks plus consistently. 2 wickets in the spell and it took someone of Root's calibre that too in imperious form to keep him out.

Now add 5ks to the speeds and imagine the impact.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

Absolutely !

.1. We need to encourage Bumrah to bowl more 145 kph to 150 kph spells. Rest him in low key matches to achieve this.

2.  Find 2 pacers who can bowl 150 kph to 153 kph balls whenever they want.

I am sick and tired of medium pacers.

20 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Did you watch Bumrah's spell in the 4th test in England?

145 ks plus consistently. 2 wickets in the spell and it took someone of Root's calibre that too in imperious form to keep him out.

Now add 5ks to the speeds and imagine the impact.

Which bowler bowls 150 in tests?

12 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

All of them can consistently bowl 150 across a spell in tests.

None as I said. None of them have done that. Apart from Starc a few years back. And Mitch Johnson here and there some more years back. Loki doesn't even play test. Archer hasn't played test for long. Was struggling to hit 145 in NZ. Nortje too hasn't got 150 in test consistently. Mark Wood played against India but don't think even he was consistently hitting 150.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Check the video of Ayush Singh Thakur I posted above. Video clip is 2 years old. He is playing current u19 challenger trophy, picked a 5-fer yesterday.

I really like Ayush Thakur.

He has a good run up and action and looks quick for his age. Looks on the taller side.

We should look for pacers who are both quick in the air and can extract bounce off the pitch.

Ayush could be that guy. 

I hope he gets picked for the U19 WC.

Edited by express bowling
12 hours ago, express bowling said:

Fantasy must become reality.

Umran is a good start.

Only England have two fast bowlers in Archer and Wood who can at times hit 150+. SA in Nortje. Aus Starc who isn't getting younger. SL Kumara. Pak Rauf. India now have Umran.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

None as I said. None of them have done that. Apart from Starc a few years back. And Mitch Johnson here and there some more years back. Loki doesn't even play test. Archer hasn't played test for long. Was struggling to hit 145 in NZ. Nortje too hasn't got 150 in test consistently. Mark Wood played against India but don't think even he was consistently hitting 150.

All of these guys hit 90 mph consistently which is more than enough to sustain speeds in Test cricket which is demanding.

Wood was seriously quick in Sri lanka earlier in the year & delivered few seriously quick spells. 

Haven't seen Nortje in tests for a while though so can't say. 

Nobody can hit 150 consistently in test cricket.  Akhtar dropped speeds in most games...  Lee as well..  Though they did bowl  a lot of 150 kph balls in between. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Bumrah was around 89-90mph in that 4th test spell vs England...  And he was devastating to watch. 

90mph is the benchmark in Test cricket according to me. 

Yes that too if bowled in good areas. Aaron and Umesh both were consistently 88-90 mph in Australia 2015 but got clobbered. Bumrah was so good because the ball was reversing. Doesn't happen in Australia. 

Edited by rkt.india