Young upcoming fast bowlers thread.

rkt.india

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

neither did matheesa. he had played a few t20s, that was about it

This in where non-Ind players have kind of advantage they have some kind of exp. playing in other leagues too.

Stopping Ind superstars makes sense for BCCI, but these younger player are in kind of disadvantage.

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

neither did matheesa. he had played a few t20s, that was about it

Pathirana at least this year is in CSK - don't know where he was before.

That is Dhoni country ruled by the idealogy and iron fist of Thala. The likes of Hangargekar will rot on the bench as he has not gotten a game in 2 years because he is not in the approved age bracket.

The likes of Pathirana will... or batsmen like Sameer Rizvi will.

11 hours ago, AKane said:

Pathirana at least this year is in CSK - don't know where he was before.

That is Dhoni country ruled by the idealogy and iron fist of Thala. The likes of Hangargekar will rot on the bench as he has not gotten a game in 2 years because he is not in the approved age bracket.

The likes of Pathirana will... or batsmen like Sameer Rizvi will.

hangargeakr, pathirana, rizvi are of around same age of 20-21.

the 2 practice matches Sakib played for KKR..he was very impressive..I saw them and even KKR staff acknowledged it..I really liked his control and death bowling..I thought he was more impressive than any other seamers there..I thought he is a surety in some matches...hence I am baffled why he didnt get a chance yet..unless some injury..

5 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

the 2 practice matches Sakib played for KKR..he was very impressive..I saw them and even KKR staff acknowledged it..I really liked his control and death bowling..I thought he was more impressive than any other seamers there..I thought he is a surety in some matches...hence I am baffled why he didnt get a chance yet..unless some injury..

nah, it's just double standards. young fast foreign talent gets to play, but old trundler indians gets to play.

On 5/6/2024 at 10:32 PM, Vijy said:

nah, it's just double standards. young fast foreign talent gets to play, but old trundler indians gets to play.

Young OS player be it batter or a bowler has an advantage of playing atleast 2/3 leagues before making it to IPLs so the are already ahead of the curve.

Ind player on the other had are mostly unknown or atbest has some SMAT exp. 

Then comes Economics of IPL -once any OS player is in IPL they will be picked in other leagues too, and that may interest some other IPL team to bring in that player.

So IPL team would like to access their IPL potential and if to retain that player and if not to retain how high to go for them in the auctions.

If Ind player has mot played much then they wont go much higher than a certain point in auction unless there is an bidding fight