Mayank Agarwal has named as the replacement for injured Shikhar Dhawan in the three-match ODI series against West Indies

8 hours ago, sarchasm said:

TF does working his way back up even mean? Shaw's ban is over and all he needs to do is prove he's the best candidate available. Case closed. Nice that the good time charlie Rohit has made a few cheap runs in benign conditions but that mediocrity has to make way for superior talents. Simple as.

The highest profile cheater of this decade, Smith, was slotted right back the day his ban got over. Why would Shaw's case be any different?

Smith and Shaw are worlds apart in their stages of career. 

Smith is banned for an on field offense of ball tampering.
Shaw is banned for using banned substance (which is determined to be performance enhancing).

World of difference there.  I wish Shaw all the very best in his career and life!

On another point, I hope Rohit Sharma does not slide back in his test performances in the next few series too and make the most of his last years in international cricket and make a lasting mark instead of being labelled as a white ball cricketing great. However, I am not sure he will. 

11 hours ago, sarchasm said:

TF does working his way back up even mean? Shaw's ban is over and all he needs to do is prove he's the best candidate available. Case closed. Nice that the good time charlie Rohit has made a few cheap runs in benign conditions but that mediocrity has to make way for superior talents. Simple as.

The highest profile cheater of this decade, Smith, was slotted right back the day his ban got over. Why would Shaw's case be any different?

Sure, that's what I am implying as well. in T20's it is Rohit, Rahul and next in line are Samson, Gill (I have been told he is a regular opener now) and Aggarwal. Also Dhawan is not totally out of the scheme of things. This is not my choice but based on how our TM works.

in ODI's it is Rohit, Dhawan, Rahul, Aggarwal and Gill. Samson whom I don't think deserves a shot in ODI's yet but his name is being thrown around in recent times.

in Tests Aggarwal and Rohit. Cheap runs or not he has earned himself a lifeline. Again not speaking as a fan. Do you seriously think our TM will drop Rohit in the next few games? Now as a back up Gill has moved up the pecking order as he has been in the scheme of things.

Shaw's violation pales in comparison to what Smith did absolutely did but you can't compare Smith's stature to Shaw's. Now are there other young opening bats in domestics who caught up with Shaw during his ban also remains to be seen. 

Shaw has gone down the pecking order in all formats. By going back to the drawing board in the sense, he needs to put up the numbers in domestics to get back in the fray. BCCI or selectors need not do anything out of the ordinary to make it tough for him for his violation, he has done it himself.

Let me ask you this to understand where we have a difference of opinion, if Rohit or Mayank are not available for the next test we play, Do you think Shaw should be brought back right in?

Edited by maniac