Who could be the best bets for 4 & 5 positions for 50 overs

KL Rahul

Rishabh Pant

Shreyas Iyer

Suryakumar Yadav

Only these 4. Gill needs more time as he is still to improve his hitting game but in a few years time, he can take that role. However, I think in a few years time, he should be focussing on taking the no.3 spot instead of no.4 as those spots will become vacant by that time.

Others mentioned names in OP are openers and aren't versatile enough to bat at 4 or 5.

Edited by Majestic
58 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Way back couple of years i thought Ruturaj has something about him and thought he would be good option for MO for 50 overs matches. 

At that time i was convinced that he is very good in playing in gaps and playing over the head for boundaries . Plays late and uses the crease against spinners really well.

But was not sure if he is good against pace and can he play attacking shots against pace.

I think we have the answer now. He plays pace quite well too . Plays sweep and reverse sweep too . Can handle slower ones & Yorkers also decently as he watches till the very last minute and plays .

Still feel he is more suited to 50 overs than T20 . 

I would like to see 2 guys to be backed consistently and groom them -  Padikkal in T20 & Ruturaj in 50 Overs.

Nothing to add, exactly this. Kudos.