Is only BCCi to be blamed for flat pitches? or pathetic curators too? or captain or team managemen??

We cant simply order ' A hard, true and seaming track'. Pitches are so characteristic of the location. Admittedly, slow and low tracks makes for visually less appealing cricket, but most of it is made up by commentators and the audiences' perception of the action. Its not as though nothing is happening on the field, the two teams have scored a combined 620 runs in 176 overs, which isnt bad at all. The only problem is, the bat seems to hold an established advantage over the ball, there arent enough balls beating the bat, there arent balls that grip and spin, which makes it seem as though its all one-way traffic out there. And lets be honest, even the first 4 days of Adelaide in the previous Aussie series were really drab. Both the teams piled up massive scores in the first innings and hardly anything seemed to happen out there. Yet, Aus were probably only 75 mins away from a victory. So, I would rather wait till the match is over to pronounce a judgment. Reg. who is responsible for how the pitch is, Am pretty sure its left to the discretion of the curator most times. The brief that would have been given to him is to prepare a true track that aids batting the first 3 days and assists spin later on. But every curator has his own limitations coz of the soil, weather and the general environs. There is no magic formula to produce Perth-like pitches in say Kanpur. However, I am also pretty sure the team management has an important role in deciding how much grass is left or how much the pitch is watered before day 1. It simply doesnt make sense for you to ask for a bouncy pitch if spin is your strength and the opposition has good pacers. I have always maintained that spin and spin only, will be our biggest strength at home. We MUST play to our strength. And as long as we have guys like Kumble, there is no harm following the strategy. We can rave about the rise of fast bowling in Ind endlessly, but 8 out of the 10 matches we will win in Ind will be because of spinners. History, both distant and recent, backs up that claim.

This is from Prem Panicker's site where he highlights the role BCCI and pitch committee responsible for the pitch conditions It is not tough for the TNCA, or anyone else, to prepare a competitive pitch. And yes, the TNCA has to do the actual job; I know the ground staff, including the head groundsman, there and they are more than competent to produce any kind of wicket you want. Thing though is, the BCCI has this centralized ‘pitch committee’, and that is the body briefed with oversight on pitches; its duties include instructing local associations on pitch preparation, inspecting the finished product, applying correctives if necessary, sending in reports and such.