Why? Why why why why!??

fineleg

Why? Why why why why!??  

1. 1.

• Yes - open
    • No - In odi-11 but at diff position
    • No - VS shud not be in odi-11

Why? Why why why why!?? Why not in ODIs? 300+ out of 290+ balls in Test cricket. Ok, why not 70 off 80 balls in ODIs??? a more consistent avg than presently in ODIs? EVEN WHEN he is in good test form, he does not replicate 70% of it to ODIs!? :hmmmm: Very sad that we can only imagine what if he can do 70% atleast in ODIs!

I read on one cricinfo article yesterday that Sehwag feels that there are too many parameters in ODIs. Match condition, power plays, required run rates etc. I think he feels pressurized in a oneday match and relaxed in a test match. In test match he can play a ball on its merit, but in ODIs, he pushes himself to raise the scoring. The best brief a captain can giv him: "Go and play as you like".

I read on one cricinfo article yesterday that Sehwag feels that there are too many parameters in ODIs. Match condition, power plays, required run rates etc. I think he feels pressurized in a oneday match and relaxed in a test match. In test match he can play a ball on its merit, but in ODIs, he pushes himself to raise the scoring. The best brief a captain can giv him: "Go and play as you like".
That makes sense ... plus its more attacking field in Test matches so there are opportunities to get boundaries

The thing he needs to realize is that "he will anyway score fast". He should stop worrying about few maiden overs etc in ODIs...Let there be maiden overs in first 10 overs. Dont be bothered. If he stays till 30-35 overs he will more than make up for initial slow RR. Thats what he should say - dont be pressured by RR or RRR etc. Play slow initially if you want, and by merit of ball.

why! why! why! would someone worry about a guy's ODI performances on the day when he has delivered one of the most emphatic test knocks' date=' ever.[/quote'] Not "worry" but wondering how much better it would be to our ODI team if he is only cool about ODIs and plays without the pressure to "take care of RR or RRR". Then he can do lot better in ODIs.
Not "worry" but wondering how much better it would be to our ODI team if he is only cool about ODIs and plays without the pressure to "take care of RR or RRR". Then he can do lot better in ODIs.
Just wondering? How about being "very sad"?
Yes' date=' sad that he is not doing justice to what he can really do in ODIs[/quote'] Even in tests, he has been inconsistent. You will see a 250 and then a string of low scores. Then a 150, 300 and possibly another string of low scores. What you are not seeing are those massive innings in ODIs that we see from him in tests.

I think everyone will agree to the fact that Sehwag hasnt walways played upto his potential. Most of his failures could easily be attributed to false stroke play/bad shot selection- a drawback he seems to have worked on as we havent seen much of bad shot selection since he came back. Lets hope he just takes the flavor to ODIs as well.

Why? Why why why why!?? Why not in ODIs? 300+ out of 290+ balls in Test cricket. Ok, why not 70 off 80 balls in ODIs??? a more consistent avg than presently in ODIs? EVEN WHEN he is in good test form, he does not replicate 70% of it to ODIs!? :hmmmm: Very sad that we can only imagine what if he can do 70% atleast in ODIs!
he's not even consistent in test matches, how can we expect consistency in ODI's but its strange how he is a better test player the way he bats i guess in ODI's he feels he needs to smash everything in test matches he can wait for bat deliveries and put them away plus the way the fields are set

The answer lies in the difference in field placements for tests and ODIs. As there are limited overs and precitability to the shots to be played, the field in ODI's are set to counter his range of attacking shots at the right time. In tests, orthodox field placings are set and the tempo of attack is somewhat on the batsmen imperative and cannot be planned for as it is in ODI's.

if sehwag shows a bit of patience in the first 10 overs of an ODI' date= then he will have a chance of scoring a double century. Infact i believe he has a better chance of doing that than Sachin tendulkar too.
True - if only Sehwag decides to take it easy during first 10-12 overs of ODI, then it will be better. He should play the first dozen overs real cool, even if his S/R is only 50 in first dozen overs no big deal. Dont sweat, just relax. Once he starts getting the hand eye coordination going etc, he can make up in the rest of the overs. Dont go trying to smash things initially in ODIs.