IPL ALL-TIME FOREIGN XI - the best 11 foreigners to have played in IPL

36 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Show me which junior did warner slap , i already gave u how arthur chappel wanted him as captain.

Never saw warner bitter about his junior like bhajji is about ashwin.

i didnt say anywhere that warner slapped any junior :dontknow:

i said punching an opponent on or off the field is also a crime ..

unlike you defending  warner , i  never defended bahjji slapping sree 

53 minutes ago, velu said:

Unhappy Teammates Want David Warner Removed From Team Hotel

This has happened after the sandpaper incident ..

looks like warner didn't get enough support or his team team mates are not a great fan of him as it was assumed by you :p: 

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/unhappy-teammates-want-david-warner-removed-from-team-hotel-1701083.html

Not all team memebers will eve rbe happy with u.

Player came agains ganguly n dhoni to, u think everyone was happy with dravid or kohli

N aus team needed villian n warner was perfect, most acted innocent like starc who funnily said he didnt knew about tampering

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
55 minutes ago, velu said:

i didnt say anywhere that warner slapped any junior :dontknow:

i said punching an opponent on or off the field is also a crime ..

unlike you defending  warner , i  never defended bahjji slapping sree 

U dnt have to captain opposition captain u only captain ur own players so that wont count which is warner did captain australia

57 minutes ago, velu said:

if those reasons are considered sachin will be the captain for out team forever

But sachin got his chances, ur qualties can only get u chances rest is what u do with that

He even got enough captaincy in ipl n failed so all on him

Sachin wasnt aggresive leader

Neither had support from guys like azhar or his coach kapil

1 hour ago, velu said:

maybe you are right ..

but you beat me hands down when coming to shifting goal posts 

how about bhajji episode ?

team banned him for a seaosn because he slapped sree ..

same team offered him the captaincy and he won the WC T20 for them :lol:  :mi: 

Yea coz MI didnt have many captaincy option then . 

He won WC t20??? He won CL t20

N he was a stand in captain ur talking as if he was made captain as 1st choice.

56 minutes ago, velu said:

Unhappy Teammates Want David Warner Removed From Team Hotel

This has happened after the sandpaper incident ..

looks like warner didn't get enough support or his team team mates are not a great fan of him as it was assumed by you :p: 

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/unhappy-teammates-want-david-warner-removed-from-team-hotel-1701083.html

since u showed players well

Glowing praise for captain Warner

Stand-in skipper receives plaudits for tactical, positive leadership throughout Eden Park epic

Stand-in T20I skipper David Warner continues to earn plaudits for his captaincy, with teammates suggesting his composure under heavy fire was a major factor in Australia's record-breaking win over New Zealand.

Warner hit out of a rare funk with the bat in a devastating 24-ball 59 to set his side on the path to their improbable victory over the Black Caps on Friday. It was the left-hander's first half-century in nine innings following a severe post-Ashes lean patch.

But while few doubted he would find his groove again with the bat, Warner has received more praise for his tactical nous in this T20 tri-series.

In the midst of a Kiwi onslaught that could have overwhelmed Australia's inexperienced T20 side, fast bowler Kane Richardson revealed a telling moment of leadership during the Eden Park carnage.

Australia had to wait almost 11 overs for their first wicket of the match, with Colin Munro's departure for a 33-ball 76 coming with the hosts flying after a 132-run opening stand between him and Martin Guptill.

"When we got that first wicket and we ran in, (Warner) made sure everyone came in," Richardson recounted.

"He just looked around, he said, 'Boys, keep a smile on your face because this is actually enjoyable. It's ridiculous to watch but try and enjoy this'.

"As a bowler you just think, ‘I've gone for 24 off an over – how am I enjoying it?' But I think he instilled that.

"You saw Billy Stanlake bowl a really good over and it still went for 15 and he had a smile on his face after, he was almost laughing about how it went.

"You talk about expectation, there was none on us (bowlers) whatsoever. It was just, try some stuff, try some different fields and see what happens.

"That was all from David."

The fact Australia had not lost their nerve despite haemorrhaging runs at an unprecedented rate only became apparent towards the end of the Black Caps innings.

When Guptill was dismissed for a brilliant 105, it sparked a collapse of 4-12, which may have initially appeared insignificant as Australia conceded their highest-ever score in T20Is.

But Australia had been bracing for even worse, with Warner full of belief that New Zealand's 6-243, incredibly, might be too few.

"Even in the field, he was just telling us 'keep smiling'," said D'Arcy Short, who shared a 121-run opening stand with Warner to set the Aussies on course for victory.

"Just saying we could chase anything, and keeping the boys upbeat and going through what we needed to do.

"We could have been chasing 260, 270 at the start but I think the bowlers brought it back quite well and got us to a target we thought we could chase and believed we could."

Richardson added: "When you actually look back at it, (to) keep them to 240, as silly as it sounds, that was probably the limit of us being able to chase something like that.

"If they get 270, you're never chasing that."

Warner, who led Sunrisers Hyderabad to the 2016 Indian Premier League title, remains Steve Smith's deputy in all three formats with the regular skipper sitting out the ongoing tri-series ahead of the Qantas Test tour of South Africa.

Smith has not played a T20 for Australia since the 2016 World T20, leading some to suggest Warner should be handed the reins on a full-time basis in the shortest format.

Current Australia assistant coach and former captain Ricky Ponting has previously suggested captaining the national side in all three formats could be too demanding in the long term, but Smith maintains he wants to keep the T20 job and Warner has stressed he's only filling the role on an interim basis.

And the 31-year-old has vowed to keep approaching the job with trademark vigour.

"That's what I said from day one when we first started this," Warner told Sky Sports on Friday.

"Just to have a lot of energy, have fun and keep a smile on your face. We're doing what we love and living the dream.

"We're playing cricket for our country ... it's absolutely sensational."

Link - https://www.cricket.com.au/news/david-warner-captaincy-praise-t20i-australia-win-tactics-positivity-richardson-highlights/2018-02-17

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

U dnt have to captain opposition captain u only captain ur own players so that wont count which is warner did captain australia

if you are brave enough to punch his opponent , you have more chance of hitting your own player .. 

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

But sachin got his chances, ur qualties can only get u chances rest is what u do with that

He even got enough captaincy in ipl n failed so all on him

Sachin wasnt aggresive leader

Neither had support from guys like azhar or his coach kapil

i  your your point only .. you gave these 3/4 reasons which is not necessarily a quality to become a captain

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yea coz MI didnt have many captaincy option then . 

He won WC t20??? He won CL t20

N he was a stand in captain ur talking as if he was made captain as 1st choice.

warner won IPL .. not T20 wc just like bhajji

you are actually arguing agisnt you only .. bhajji who is suppose to be a crappy captaincy option won CL T20

proves none of your -ve points vs him  is meaningful 

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Not all team memebers will eve rbe happy with u.

Player came agains ganguly n dhoni to, u think everyone was happy with dravid or kohli

none came out to support him..

bencroft actually went against him 

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

N aus team needed villian n warner was perfect, most acted innocent like starc who funnily said he didnt knew about tampering

this i agree .. all the bowlers will be knowing whats happening including starc + others

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

since u showed players well

Glowing praise for captain Warner

Stand-in skipper receives plaudits for tactical, positive leadership throughout Eden Park epic

Stand-in T20I skipper David Warner continues to earn plaudits for his captaincy, with teammates suggesting his composure under heavy fire was a major factor in Australia's record-breaking win over New Zealand.

Warner hit out of a rare funk with the bat in a devastating 24-ball 59 to set his side on the path to their improbable victory over the Black Caps on Friday. It was the left-hander's first half-century in nine innings following a severe post-Ashes lean patch.

But while few doubted he would find his groove again with the bat, Warner has received more praise for his tactical nous in this T20 tri-series.

In the midst of a Kiwi onslaught that could have overwhelmed Australia's inexperienced T20 side, fast bowler Kane Richardson revealed a telling moment of leadership during the Eden Park carnage.

Australia had to wait almost 11 overs for their first wicket of the match, with Colin Munro's departure for a 33-ball 76 coming with the hosts flying after a 132-run opening stand between him and Martin Guptill.

"When we got that first wicket and we ran in, (Warner) made sure everyone came in," Richardson recounted.

"He just looked around, he said, 'Boys, keep a smile on your face because this is actually enjoyable. It's ridiculous to watch but try and enjoy this'.

"As a bowler you just think, ‘I've gone for 24 off an over – how am I enjoying it?' But I think he instilled that.

"You saw Billy Stanlake bowl a really good over and it still went for 15 and he had a smile on his face after, he was almost laughing about how it went.

"You talk about expectation, there was none on us (bowlers) whatsoever. It was just, try some stuff, try some different fields and see what happens.

"That was all from David."

The fact Australia had not lost their nerve despite haemorrhaging runs at an unprecedented rate only became apparent towards the end of the Black Caps innings.

When Guptill was dismissed for a brilliant 105, it sparked a collapse of 4-12, which may have initially appeared insignificant as Australia conceded their highest-ever score in T20Is.

But Australia had been bracing for even worse, with Warner full of belief that New Zealand's 6-243, incredibly, might be too few.

"Even in the field, he was just telling us 'keep smiling'," said D'Arcy Short, who shared a 121-run opening stand with Warner to set the Aussies on course for victory.

"Just saying we could chase anything, and keeping the boys upbeat and going through what we needed to do.

"We could have been chasing 260, 270 at the start but I think the bowlers brought it back quite well and got us to a target we thought we could chase and believed we could."

Richardson added: "When you actually look back at it, (to) keep them to 240, as silly as it sounds, that was probably the limit of us being able to chase something like that.

"If they get 270, you're never chasing that."

Warner, who led Sunrisers Hyderabad to the 2016 Indian Premier League title, remains Steve Smith's deputy in all three formats with the regular skipper sitting out the ongoing tri-series ahead of the Qantas Test tour of South Africa.

Smith has not played a T20 for Australia since the 2016 World T20, leading some to suggest Warner should be handed the reins on a full-time basis in the shortest format.

Current Australia assistant coach and former captain Ricky Ponting has previously suggested captaining the national side in all three formats could be too demanding in the long term, but Smith maintains he wants to keep the T20 job and Warner has stressed he's only filling the role on an interim basis.

And the 31-year-old has vowed to keep approaching the job with trademark vigour.

"That's what I said from day one when we first started this," Warner told Sky Sports on Friday.

"Just to have a lot of energy, have fun and keep a smile on your face. We're doing what we love and living the dream.

"We're playing cricket for our country ... it's absolutely sensational."

Link - https://www.cricket.com.au/news/david-warner-captaincy-praise-t20i-australia-win-tactics-positivity-richardson-highlights/2018-02-17

if this proves that warner is a good tactician , you shld also agree that warner dont have his teammates support during the sandpaper incident .. :lol: 

1 minute ago, velu said:

if this proves that warner is a good tactician , you shld also agree that warner dont have his teammates support during the sandpaper incident .. :lol: 

ofcourse he didnt , it was problem n every choose themselves

How many came players came in support of ganguly when he was under hammer from chappel, at the end player think about himself . Siding with them meant disastor

Same team accepted them when they came back without any fuss

6 minutes ago, velu said:

if you are brave enough to punch his opponent , you have more chance of hitting your own player .. 

what crap logic is that ...

hone ko to kuch bhi ho sakta but u cant hold someone accountable till it happens

Botham n chappell have punched each other does that mean they have punched their team players

Akthar hit asif with bat does that mean he hit opposition players also 

There were stories of miandad running behind players with knife in hand , did he do that opp

Or did inzy beat his team mates with bat as acc to chances were higher

57 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

what crap logic is that ...

hone ko to kuch bhi ho sakta but u cant hold someone accountable till it happens

Botham n chappell have punched each other does that mean they have punched their team players

Akthar hit asif with bat does that mean he hit opposition players also 

There were stories of miandad running behind players with knife in hand , did he do that opp

Or did inzy beat his team mates with bat as acc to chances were higher

still less crappier than your logic ..

hotheaded player who go out punching opponent player is a captaincy materiel according to you is laughable .. 

ECB ( dont claim ACB is not ECB ) banned stokes & other 3 people just for defending themselves 

anyway i took bhajji vs sree to counter your own crappy logic that slapping his junior is not ok but punching an opponent is ok  .. 

you keep running in circles and shifting the goal posts 

3 hours ago, velu said:

hotheaded player who go out punching opponent player is a captaincy materiel according to you is laughable .. 

sorry to disappoint u but he did end up captaining 12 international games after that and vice captain for 3 years , made captains of BBL side so yea that didnt matter. Punching opposition player outside cricket juridiscation is diff then punching ur junior in ground post match. 

Kohli, miandad, ponting all hot headed international captains 

3 hours ago, velu said:

but punching an opponent is ok

i never said its ok  go check 

for last time 

Bhajji has no qualities so controvery was a to much negative

Warner had qualities so controversy didnt affect 

As i said u stuck on reading headline not n not reading the matter below coz i have mentioned above tons of time. Now its ur opinion vs mine but in the end he captained aus in 12 international games n was Vice captain for 3 years means captaincy material so fact aint ur frend

Im done with conversation as i have realised u lost it long ago thats why ur stuck with one argument of which i have cleared long ago in detail again n again. 

Congratulations we turned this thread a mess, already u contribute nothing meaningful here now i hve become ur partner in crime.

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

sorry to disappoint u but he did end up captaining 12 international games after that and vice captain for 3 years , made captains of BBL side so yea that didnt matter. Punching opposition player outside cricket juridiscation is diff then punching ur junior in ground post match. 

Kohli, miandad, ponting all hot headed international captains 

12 games .. yuge

slightly less than suresh rainas count though :p:

i argued with your own point .. and i consider what warner did is much worse than what bahjji did

i never said its ok  go check 

even i never said slapping sree is ok :dontknow:

for last time 

Bhajji has no qualities so controvery was a to much negative

Warner had qualities so controversy didnt affect 

end result .. bhajji is a successful captain irrespective of his weakness 

with all his captaincy material things , warners captaincy record is mixed ( he got time to improve though with SRH )

As i said u stuck on reading headline not n not reading the matter below coz i have mentioned above tons of time. Now its ur opinion vs mine but in the end he captained aus in 12 international games n was Vice captain for 3 years means captaincy material so fact aint ur frend

but he was never in a position to take captaincy from smith like as you claimed .. thats your imagination  

Im done with conversation as i have realised u lost it long ago thats why ur stuck with one argument of which i have cleared long ago in detail again n again. 

Congratulations we turned this thread a mess, already u contribute nothing meaningful here now i hve become ur partner in crime.

dude .. i got up early today , you disappoint me :((

as long as i am not shifting the goal posts , we are even or i am ahead :p: 

On 5/3/2020 at 6:49 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I always thought warner was a piece of ****.

Wouldn't want him captaining my team. He does a good job for SRH, but i would argue SRH is a great team with excellent players.

Remember, even kane williamson took SRH into the playoffs. a good team is easy to captain.

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

Warner is no more banned. Yet he isn't the captain.

coz when these guys got banned ACB told that they wont be given captaincies

Meanwhile, the Australia opener eventually ended his silence on Australia’s ban which was imposed on him by Cricket Australia (CA). For the unversed, David Warner was suspended for a year for his involvement in the infamous ball-tampering scandal in South Africa last year. In addition to that, CA also imposed a lifelong captaincy ban on David Warner, who was the vice-captain at that time.

On 5/6/2020 at 11:37 PM, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I always thought warner was a piece of ****.

doesnt matter ponting n clarke were pretty unlikeable as captains

Wouldn't want him captaining my team. He does a good job for SRH, but i would argue SRH is a great team with excellent players.

SRH is not a great team 

they have had good bowling n top batting but middle was fragile

RCB also had good teams n so did Delhi n punjab many times

it takes to 2 combine a win- good team + captaincy to utilise it

Remember, even kane williamson took SRH into the playoffs. a good team is easy to captain.

But warner won it, which is why SRH reappointed him

Even kohli took India to CT 2017 final 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

They always have the best bowling. Huge advantage in IPL.

Warner is a great batsman but not irreplaceable as a captain.

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

coz when these guys got banned ACB told that they wont be given captaincies

Meanwhile, the Australia opener eventually ended his silence on Australia’s ban which was imposed on him by Cricket Australia (CA). For the unversed, David Warner was suspended for a year for his involvement in the infamous ball-tampering scandal in South Africa last year. In addition to that, CA also imposed a lifelong captaincy ban on David Warner, who was the vice-captain at that time.

doesnt matter ponting n clarke were pretty unlikeable as captains

SRH is not a great team 

Good decision by ACB not to give him captaincy.