Right to Curse....and ICF infractions

Guest HariSampath

Right to Curse....and ICF infractions  

1. 1.

• No .Infraction not justified. Cursing Dravid now was justified
    • Yes. Cursing Not justified, infraction is justified.

Guest HariSampath

I have been given ICF Infractions for apparently "abusing" Dravid for his miserable crawl in getting 99 runs in 270 balls after coming in at 213-1. This is a very debatable point and those who had been to any cricket match will know how the fans react to brilliant cricket and also how they react to absolutely selfish and miserable cricket for one's own selfish purposes, when the team is trying to force the issue in a test match and going for a win. This was one of the most brazenly selfish batting performances I had ever seen in my last 35 years of watching International cricket and I did here on match threads as I would have done exactly the same thing at Chepauk ( abused Dravid 3-4 times AT LEAST). Passion about cricket, your team and the need to win and cheer your team's win is part and parcel of watching a cricket match and that is exactly what ICF match threads are. But apparently the mods here at ICF think there is a cut off for the number of times one can abuse a player for deliberate and selfishly miserable performance . Apparently there is some limit on the number of times one can abuse a player for playing out maiden after maiden , and block 26 deliveries continuously or to score 35 runs in a whole session when the requirement for the team was 120 and when we had 8 wkts in hand on a flat track. Apparently , Dravid can cause the dismissals of Sehwag, Tendulkar and Ganguly , ALL of whom were out trying to force the pace and get runs , a situation caused by the totally selfish and negative batting crawl of Dravid. I want to just poll the members here on whether or not such expressions of abuse in these exceptional circumstances warrant an infraction point/ limited availability of forum etc. I had been on this forum for around 6 months and have always voiced my views , very strongly most times on what I consider to be great cricket as well as very poor cricket. If the above iss not done honestly, it takes away the charm of cricket watching. One's right to curse is nothing but a frustration expressed out of a passion of our team India to win, being derailed by ONE selfish innings, and this right to abuse is nothing but the other end of cheering . Cheering Sehwag's brilliance is for the same reason why we curse Dravid. I can say this with reasonable confidence : I have watched and followed far more cricket matches in my life than probably all members here. I loved this site for its passion. If passion expressed and giving vent as frustration at a game being thrown away by one single player, 3-4 abuses are perfectly justified, no matter WHO that player is. Dravid's batting in this innings has been roundly criticised by every one of those who had been watching it, including almost all commentators. I came here to this site to cheer and enjoy cricket with passionate fans, and if this fundamental right of expression is cut off/curtailed just because some ppl with controls who are Dravid fans, cannot digest their idol's miserably selfish performance, and for want of anything else to vent their own frustrations, choose to hand out infractions, surely this is not the place for me. I would like to be on ICF , I thought, butg more importantly I am a fan and want to remain one, meaning cheering great performances and booing/cussing poor selfish performances. If that is not possible on ICF, I cannot see this as any fan site worth its salt. I am just polling members ( those who are interested), on whether abusing Dravid a few times in these match circumstances, after being extremely pushed to the limit for hours together, mind you..not 2-3 maiden overs....if this merits infraction points. If the vote is overwhelmingly "yes, infractions justified here", I would quit ICF because this is not the place for any serious fan. If NO, Infraction not justified for cursing in these circumstances...then let the Mods see this and act appropriately... Fack you Dravid for screwing up a good cricket match and spoiling the chances of win. My cricketing judgement: Drop Dravid even if he gets 100, as Boycott was dropped after making 246 notout. Thanks,....and it was a PLEASURE being here on ICF. ( I have absolutely nothing against almost all the members here, just that I am against some individuals' and the policies of this board)

Hey Hari, relax man...mod who you gave you infraction must gave been caught up in the game and emotions ..we all value your presence, and I never liked this infraction but its on Mods discretion as well.. For my sake, don't talk about leaving

Guest Hiten.

arey Hari bhai ke infractions mujhe de do. Don't leave Hari, you are a valuable poster. You are the only southie i like =)) because Marirs is in my hit list for creating meaningless jinxing threads (for veeru's innings).

Look mate, we all value your inputs (I know I'm relatively new to the forum but I've enjoyed your posts so far). I think we all got a bit emotional with Sehwag not making 400 and Sachin getting out for 0 and Ganguly's untimely dismissal. Its alright. Lets not blame Dravid. He's not the one who bowled the ball nor the one who played the shot to get them out. Yeah, he's not flowing very freely but he's been that way throughout. Its an innings of pure grit, and determination to get back into form. I understand your frustration and to be honest, I'm frustrated as well. But lets not forget that its imperative that he stay there and score some runs since he's been there forever. But its not fair for you to say, "Please shoot him, etc." - Its just a bit irky - don't get too caught up. We're all passionate Indian cricket fans, so lets enjoy the game. Everytime I try to watch the game, someone gets out so far. So I'm following it on cricinfo. Good Luck India!