Who would have been the biggest IPL player among the ones who didnt play or didnt play at their peaks ?

21 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

those guys wont have found a way, seen umar gul use reverse swing effectively in t20 . N wasim was good with new ball also, although he n every pakistani bowler preffered old ball.

Also pitches in 2nd half of IPL always dry out which is always useful for reverse 

50 minutes ago, nevada said:

Curtley Ambrose. He is probably one of the few bowlers who could withstand the batsmen's onslaught in this heavily batsmen friendly format. 

Which fast bowlers would have played well in the IPL?

I'm not sure the accurate, straight 'off-stump' bowlers like Mcgrath, donald, pollock, gillespie, walsh, vaas would have been good in the IPL. I think many of these guys would have been hammered.

Ambrose is an exception because he had natural bounce and could vary length to take wickets. Like rabada does.

22 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I'm not sure the accurate, straight 'off-stump' bowlers like Mcgrath, donald, pollock, gillespie, walsh, vaas would have been good in the IPL. I think many of these guys would have been hammered.

Ambrose is an exception because he had natural bounce and could vary length to take wickets. Like rabada does.

Mcgrath, wasim , vaas for sure would have done well. Mcgrath strength was just not line, it was his wrist n height that made him get extra from pitch which others didnt. Thats enough to get hacks filled in IPL. Mcgrath was not easy to score of either. 

Vaas had a great inswing n was great in death, bowler who can swing does well in IPL like bhuvi or chahar n vaas was extremely skilfull. 

Pollock also offered batting n had great slower bouncer.

Even donald n ambrose to wud have done well

Great player always adjust. N every bowler will get a phainty once in a while

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Mcgrath, wasim , vaas for sure would have done well. Mcgrath strength was just not line, it was his wrist n height that made him get extra from pitch which others didnt. Thats enough to get hacks filled in IPL. Mcgrath was not easy to score of either. 

Vaas had a great inswing n was great in death, bowler who can swing does well in IPL like bhuvi or chahar n vaas was extremely skilfull. 

Both Mcgrath and Vaas played in the IPL. May be for just 1-2 seasons but at their peak they would be very important in the first 6 overs but I can see them getting trashed by a well set batsman at the death in T20 with the flat pitches and small grounds. 

1 hour ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

So did Mcgrath. His whole career was built on bowling that nagging length and getting the ball to rise up awkwardly.

I have never seen even likes of Sachin,Jayasuriya,Sehwag,Gayle etc take him on consistently even on flat sc pitches in ODis.

24 minutes ago, maniac said:

Both Mcgrath and Vaas played in the IPL. May be for just 1-2 seasons but at their peak they would be very important in the first 6 overs but I can see them getting trashed by a well set batsman at the death in T20 with the flat pitches and small grounds. 

everyone gets trashed in IPL, they wud hvae evolved their game as well against the challenge 

Mcgrath was retired when IPL started , even in the 1 ipl he played his number were quite decent...eco of 6.6 which is pretty good 

Vass dropped his pace many years ago around 2005 i think before IPL for the workload he had , but at his peak he wud have been very very good in IPL 

at peak these 2 wud have been great assets .

2 hours ago, maniac said:

So did Mcgrath. His whole career was built on bowling that nagging length and getting the ball to rise up awkwardly.

I have never seen even likes of Sachin,Jayasuriya,Sehwag,Gayle etc take him on consistently even on flat sc pitches in ODis.

I remember sehwag scoring against him. He was hard to get away, but there weren't many fearless batsmen back then either. Most would look to play him through the off-side, which was suicide.

In today's era, batsmen would look to move him around, you can't bowl one length all the time in IPL like in test cricket.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yeah vaas definitely swung the new ball. I forgot about that. He always bowled a good first spell in ODIs, so that translates well to IPL. He also knew subcontinent conditions, so that's an advantage.

I'm still not sure about donald, mcgrath, wasim...if guys like steyn get smacked around in IPL, would these guys have been much better?

21 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I remember sehwag scoring against him. He was hard to get away, but there weren't many fearless batsmen back then either. Most would look to play him through the off-side, which was suicide.

In today's era, batsmen would look to move him around, you can't bowl one length all the time in IPL like in test cricket.

Yeah vaas definitely swung the new ball. I forgot about that. He always bowled a good first spell in ODIs, so that translates well to IPL. He also knew subcontinent conditions, so that's an advantage.

I'm still not sure about donald, mcgrath, wasim...if guys like steyn get smacked around in IPL, would these guys have been much better?

Everyone will get smacked mcgrath had better yorkers then steyn. 

Wasim wud have been great, he had great variety, swing , yorker......he had all the tools to be successful t20 bowler

25 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Everyone will get smacked mcgrath had better yorkers then steyn. 

Wasim wud have been great, he had great variety, swing , yorker......he had all the tools to be successful t20 bowler

Who's the closest to mcgrath among today's bowlers? probably jimmy anderson. He has similar accuracy, gets good pace and moves the ball around off-stump. Why do IPL teams always ignore him?

4 hours ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Who's the closest to mcgrath among today's bowlers? probably jimmy anderson.

Nope extremely diff kind of bowlers. Mcgrath was a once in generation kind of bowler , hardly  anyone like him . If anyone who came close of Pak Mhd asif. 

Jimmy ODI career was not that good, mcgrath was pretty good in ODI. 

Jimmy was more about swing, Mcgrath more about corridor, seam, extra bounce and the best one o exploit anyone weakness . Jimmy is a condition based bowler, mcgrath was all condition all format 

He was the closest someone got to mcgrath

and lets not forget mcgrath played one IPL after retirement in that also his eco was 6.6 which is pretty good for t20 

This was retired mcgrath in CL 

Post retirement another t20 game - in this game also his figures were 4 overs 18 runs 3 wkts 

He has similar accuracy, gets good pace and moves the ball around off-stump. Why do IPL teams always ignore him?

Juts not about accuracy and hardly few had accuracy like Mcgrath, jimmy didnt. 

Mcgrath has height n wrist which makes him get extra then many did.

His Own team ignores him for ODI, anderson bowling isnt suitable for LOI now 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03