Somebody drugtest him !

Ram

89024.jpg In the last 12 months, he has picked up 77 wickets in 12 matches, at an unreal average of 14. The worst part is, this match isnt over yet, so he can only add to that tally. I cant remember ANY bowler, let alone fast bowler, who had such a purple patch. The only person who did similar things was Murali. Boy, is he good or what !
Very intense chap. Don't think I have seen a bowler with a more intense look about him when bowling.
Yep, there's a frightening intent about EVERY ball he bowls, the quick run-up, the free-flowing action, the follow-through. Dunno when was the last time ANY fast bowler looked so menacingly unplayable in Indian conditions. He looks equally dangerous in all conditions, which could only mean that he generally takes the pitch and surrounding environs out of the question.

And his veins are popping out in his head, arms, everywhere...looks like he is pent up and about to explode. And all that pent up energy gets released into the delivery. The aussies better keep an eye on this fella...I reckon he is going to give their batting line up a bit of a rocking too.

I'm not sure if it is the secret to his success, but he worked with fast bowling guru Ian Pont... From Ian's site

Dale Steyn - South Africa “Ian is the first and only coach to ever focus on speed and accuracy. It’s so exciting to hear it. We've discussed it and feel I can add 4-6 kph (3-5 mph) as I am at the moment. I was clocked at 151 kph (93.8 mph) so this is an incredible opportunity for me" Note: Dale has indeed bowled even faster and has recently been clocked at 155 kph (96.3 MPH)
Personally, I have noticed the change in that he now fully 'completes the action' with the back bending into the delivery, arms swinging all the way through and the hip driven to the batsman. Other changes must have been made too, he is very accurate and with his natural swing (outswing) he will always pick up wickets. Outswing off a middle stump line is extremely difficult to play. He is a future all time great, for me.

Just awesome this guy is .He made some of us eating the humble pie .I told he will be leathal in bowler friendly conditions .But i didn't expect this much:((. Easily the best bowler with such a pure ''bowling action '' i might add.

And his veins are popping out in his head, arms, everywhere...looks like he is pent up and about to explode. And all that pent up energy gets released into the delivery. The aussies better keep an eye on this fella...I reckon he is going to give their batting line up a bit of a rocking too.
The Aussies will whip the stuffing out of him. They feast on bowlers like him.
Just awesome this guy is .He made some of us eating the humble pie .I told he will be leathal in bowler friendly conditions .But i didn't expect this much:((. Easily the best bowler with such a pure ''bowling action '' i might add.
Your first point is absolutely true. He's probably the best bowler now with the pure bowling action but if you consider all the bowlers in Cricket, I have not seen a smoother action or a more rhythmic runup than Michael Holding's. He is just awesome.
I'm not sure if it is the secret to his success, but he worked with fast bowling guru Ian Pont... From Ian's site Personally, I have noticed the change in that he now fully 'completes the action' with the back bending into the delivery, arms swinging all the way through and the hip driven to the batsman. Other changes must have been made too, he is very accurate and with his natural swing (outswing) he will always pick up wickets. Outswing off a middle stump line is extremely difficult to play. He is a future all time great, for me.
Two things: (a) It would be great if BKVP gets coaching/biomechanics tips from Ian Pont, and helps our bowlers. (b) As for all-time great, it depends on how the team manages him. Hope he doesn't get hurt/burnt out.