The Over Reaction

surely there is some over reaction on our yesterday's poor batting display.. and at same point there has been massive over reaction from ppl that INdia are the no. 1 test side n stuff after doing well in Aus.. don't u fellows think like that??? now some critics need to stop criticizing the batting display.. it's once in w while.. our team doesn't get bowled out for less then 100 often.. same for other folkz, we aren't NO.1 team.. Australia is.. put that in ur head..

surely there is some over reaction on our yesterday's poor batting display.. and at same point there has been massive over reaction from ppl that INdia are the no. 1 test side n stuff after doing well in Aus.. don't u fellows think like that??? now some critics need to stop criticizing the batting display.. it's once in w while.. our team doesn't get bowled out for less then 100 often.. same for other folkz, we aren't NO.1 team.. Australia is.. put that in ur head..
Well said :two_thumbs_up:

Ya...way over the top reaction...batting collapses happen to every side (more often to Indian sides though)...it's one of those days. we can still fight back...never give up! However, I think people are disappointed in the effort the team put in. They don't look like they are trying hard at all. This disappoints me too.

It would be over reaction if someone had asked for kumble's resignation ... no one did I think they played badly and deserve the criticism for not giving their 100% either in the game or in the nets / meetings or both !
discussing about poor batting display is fine.. but in this criticism.. ppl bring following stuff --- this team can't bat for life on green top --- this team's captain doesn't know to captain the team --- this team is not consistent ---- this team gets pressurised pretty quickly this is when it makes it look real ugly criticism
--- this team can't bat for life on green top
Not true. Team has batted well on green tops in the past.
--- this team's captain doesn't know to captain the team
Some criticism is warranted as some of the decisions were strange. But no, no one is saying he does not know how to captain the team.
--- this team is not consistent
This is true. They are not showing any consistency at the moment.
---- this team is gets pressurised pretty quickly
No. They handled pressure very well in Oz.
discussing about poor batting display is fine.. but in this criticism.. ppl bring following stuff --- this team can't bat for life on green top -- mostly they struggle --- this team's captain doesn't know to captain the team - I dont agree but I do think that he is not getting the support --- this team is not consistent - somewhat true ---- this team is gets pressurised pretty quickly - most of the sides do after losing 4 quick wickets this is when it makes it look real ugly criticism
its somewhat true yaar ... but what is pissing me off is that the effort looks casual .. I do get ur point .... at the end of the day we all want them to win and sometimes they are going to lose too but getting out at 70 odd doesnt happen even once in a while to every side ..
Oh...okay...my mistake...
no prb mate
its somewhat true yaar ... but what is pissing me off is that the effort looks casual .. I do get ur point .... at the end of the day we all want them to win and sometimes they are going to lose too but getting out at 70 odd doesnt happen even once in a while to every side ..
it does.. i don't think some of the players even are giving their 100 percent either.. it's just that we have to wait and see how our players bowl on day 2.. a result is surely gonna be coming in this test.. Will there be any Motorist @ MOtera in India's second innings.. i hope Sehwag does it.. all wishful thinking.. hope our bowlers can chip in and bowl saffers out under 300
The true jaat of Indian fans is to overreact when we win and when we lose. There is no in between. That is why victories bring us so much joy and defeats so much pain.
thats surely true.. but then i think there is a big differance in an ugly criticism and a regular criticism.. calling a player all of a sudden after one knock, "a joke who has no clue" is just not rite.. hence manby INdian posters over the net get quoted and are pretty boring to discuss cricket with.. fortunately there are some great folkz out here on this site.. hence the balance maintains well here otherwise some real ugly criticism happens..

Although it is an overreaction to say that Indian's cannot bat on greentops - afterall, look at them in England; it is not an overreaction to say that on the whole, Indian's struggle when a greentop is produced in India - this is shown especially in the odd domestic match.

I too am inclined to write this off as one of those 'deer in headlight' moments, but should a team with this much batting experience fall prey to those kinds of moments? I am glad I shut the TV off at 40/4, my weak Indian heart is not sturdy enough for these kind of displays!!

TBH tics , for batting : Jaffer is the only one who has repeatedly failed in tough conditions and I honestly believe that India has better openers than him ... SG doesnt look confident Bowling : RP isnt giving his 100% .. IKP is not bowling fast enough to be playing tests .. Kumble doesnt look 100% fit Now there r 2 ways to read this post ... 1 way to see the facts in the above statement and the 2nd way is to think that the poster doesnt respect these players for what they have done in the past ... I know that some posters just start abusing the whole team for 1 bad performance and thats not right .. They can have an off day but the repeat failures need to be dropped and only fit players should be in the squad