Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Prasidh is wayward to make use of his height.

He will Improve. I am certain that he will play for India and will settle down as India's main strike bowler like Srinath. 

He has genuine height and gets bounce from even good lengths. To get bounce after bowling a short ball compared to getting bounce from close to good length are two different things.

as an opening batsman I have nicked three times consecutively just because the bowler got bounce from just short of good length. Many batsman do not know how to even defend those balls.

Prasidh should have flown to australia atleast as a back up.

Umesh's greatest performance was in the home test series against Australia in 2017. Took 17 wickets @ 23. It was a hugely significant performance specially after being 1 down in Pune and no Shami and Ishant not in wicket taking form. All the talk shifted to the spinners which is usually what happens but Umesh's heroics were not talked about as much.

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

Umesh's greatest performance was in the home test series against Australia in 2017. Took 17 wickets @ 23. It was a hugely significant performance specially after being 1 down in Pune and no Shami and Ishant not in wicket taking form. All the talk shifted to the spinners which is usually what happens but Umesh's heroics were not talked about as much.

I also remember it as a series where Umesh bowled with genuine pace for the last time in his career. Bowled 140 k to 150 k with decent accuracy in almost every innings. Got outswing with the new ball and reversed the old ball.

In mid-2017, Umesh made slight changes to his bowling action and stopped running in as well as he did earlier. Lost both pace and accuracy from then on.

Bharat Arun should look at the videos of that 2017 Australia test series and guide Umesh accordingly.

Edited by express bowling

52 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG2k0fxgLGC/?igshid=jmb6aek3u6b3

This was quick but pace not shown.

This is the ball I was referring to that day. Speed not shown but looked really quick from Tyagi.

And ... when he can bowl these deliveries, he should stop bowling length in the last 4 overs.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

I also remember it as a series where Umesh bowled with genuine pace for the last time in his career. Bowled 140 k to 150 k with decent accuracy in almost every innings. Got outswing with the new ball and reversed the old ball.

In mid-2017, Umesh made slight changes to his bowling action and stopped running in as well as he did earlier. Lost both pace and accuracy from then on.

Bharat Arun should look at the videos of that 2017 Australia test series and guide Umesh accordingly.

umesh used to run like TUSHAR Ran today...actually i saw some thing in tushar kinda similiar to Umesh..raw pace. 

Now Umesh Jogs to the crease and bowls 131k to 139k...when he tries a bit he touches 140K. His line n length is a shade better but he still bwols his favourite go to the leg stump n away from the leg stump balls which are easy scoring opportunities.

Umesh always had the capability to bowl that JAFFA ball once in an over, ..which now i see in karthik tyagi( one or two Jaffa's in an over).

even liked tushar today ,Prasidh, saini , Bumrah and that chennai pacer K ASIF..., i have seen them ball some Jaffa's among Indian pacers. Avesh Khan bowled some Jaffa's in previous IPL.

Shammi bowls skidding Jaffa's. Umesh used to ball one in every over.

nortje bowls one or 2 jaffa's in each over and so do archer and rabada.