Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

22 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Somehow i feel we need a good pace bowling coach not just a big name,who understands the game, the psyche of fast bowlers is what our kids lack

The IPL bowling coaches don't seem be be doing much good work with young Indian fast bowlers.

The youngsters seem confused and are being given much more complicated plans to execute, compared to their current abilities. 

The IPL bowling coaches don't seem to understand the psyche and current abilities of young fast bowlers. They are only good for advanced pacers like Bumrah or Rabada.

25 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Somehow i feel we need a good pace bowling coach not just a big name,who understands the game, the psyche of fast bowlers is what our kids lack

The psyche and the lengths to hit. What do you feel about Nehra or Ajit Agarkar? Or Zaheer? 

I personally wouldnt prefer a big name like Mcgrath or Lillee kinds. Had it been an Akhtar or Akram, I somehow feel the boys will respond more. 

Agarkar I find very stable, level headed and practical. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Hope Tyagi retains his place today.

And advised to bowl quick yorkers in the last 5 overs or when under attack. He has a very good quick yorker and can be a lethal bowler if he uses it liberally.

This is where advise from the coaches and captain come in.

Doubt such advises are being given. I fail to see the corrections in the lengths and pace they need to make as they progress to next game. They seem to be making the same old mistakes. Which either means they are hollow up there, or the coaches are not doing the job well.

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The IPL bowling coaches don't seem be be doing much good work with young Indian fast bowlers.

The youngsters seem confused and are being given much more complicated plans to execute, compared to their current abilities. 

The IPL bowling coaches don't seem to understand the psyche and current abilities of young fast bowlers. They are only good for advanced pacers like Bumrah or Rabada.

I believe IPL is wrong picture to build our opinion on

Bowlers are hit mercilessly, international stars like Steyn got hit even in their peak years,so youngster are mostly cannon fodder

Bumrah,Shami all developed an aura by building a reputation in FC(more in Shamis case)

Bumrah got fasttracked as we were looking for new gen of pacers

Mavi,Prasidh,Nagarkoti,Tyagi lets see how they fare in domestics this season

Small subtle changes what they can make is developed in years but only when they get some good guidance in initial periods

I believe BCCI with all the money they have/had should look into providing better fast bowling  coaches at regional level as well

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Doubt such advises are being given. I fail to see the corrections in the lengths and pace they need to make as they progress to next game. They seem to be making the same old mistakes. Which either means they are hollow up there, or the coaches are not doing the job well.

I think it is the coaches who are to blame. They seem to prescribe similarly complex plans for advanced pacers and rookie pacers alike. 

And the rookies get confused and are unable to execute whatever they actually know.

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

The psyche and the lengths to hit. What do you feel about Nehra or Ajit Agarkar? Or Zaheer? 

I personally wouldnt prefer a big name like Mcgrath or Lillee kinds. Had it been an Akhtar or Akram, I somehow feel the boys will respond more. 

Agarkar I find very stable, level headed and practical. 

I don't like that much Zaheer,he is too much into technicalities of bowliing and his giving up mentality on Indian bodies doesn't bode well with bowling real fast spells speaks volumes of coaching ability

Agarkar speaks well and to the point,but can't judge him on that alone

But one person i would like to get into this role is Mohabbat Shami.He for me is greatest Asian pacer in last 20 years and we will be deeply unfortunate not to take his services,right kind of guy who thinks he can tame any batsmen by not backing away,i am quite impressed with his t20 skills this year,

Needs to guide kids as much as possible

Edited by Suhaan

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

I believe IPL is wrong picture to build our opinion on

Bowlers are hit mercilessly, international stars like Steyn got hit even in their peak years,so youngster are mostly cannon fodder

Bumrah,Shami all developed an aura by building a reputation in FC(more in Shamis case)

Bumrah got fasttracked as we were looking for new gen of pacers

Mavi,Prasidh,Nagarkoti,Tyagi lets see how they fare in domestics this season

Small subtle changes what they can make is developed in years but only when they get some good guidance in initial periods

I believe BCCI with all the money they have/had should look into providing better fast bowling  coaches at regional level as well

I agree with what you are saying.

But one thing that IPL shows us is whether a quick bowler has it in him to beat or pressurize top batters from time to time.

Rookies will never be consistent and no issues with that.

But the 90 mph accurate yorkers that Tyagi bowled to ABDV under peessure or the flying bouncers he has bowled from time to time, show that he has the raw material for international cricket.

Similarly, the nasty bouncer that Praidh bowled to an advancing Finch and the subsequent quick 90 mph yorker that bowled Finch, shows that Prasidh has the raw material too.

Now, these guys need to play as much FC cricket as possible, play for India A and travel as additional pacers with Team India. And become finished products ASAP.  Prasidh is ready to play bilateral ODIs even now. 

Edited by express bowling