Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

On a different note, I think the TM now are failing to handle youngsters properly. Pant has been quite dominant in the IPL and domestically for quite a while and so has Shaw. One would have thought time with the India squad would have improved their game but they look mentally shot. Khaleel has also regressed. On the other hand more seasoned debuters like Agarwal and Saini to some extent seems to have improved their game. Rahul took his time and hopefully has managed to survive his struggling phase. Verdict is not yet out on Iyer but lets hope he does well. Is handing debut to prodigious youngsters the right way to go? Or is it a problem with India only?

15 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

On a different note, I think the TM now are failing to handle youngsters properly. Pant has been quite dominant in the IPL and domestically for quite a while and so has Shaw. One would have thought time with the India squad would have improved their game but they look mentally shot. Khaleel has also regressed. On the other hand more seasoned debuters like Agarwal and Saini to some extent seems to have improved their game. Rahul took his time and hopefully has managed to survive his struggling phase. Verdict is not yet out on Iyer but lets hope he does well. Is handing debut to prodigious youngsters the right way to go? Or is it a problem with India only?

I think most debutants get found out out in their second and third years. great players will adapt and come back. hopefully pant and shaw go back to domestics and fix their problems. India should keep debuting youngsters though, without healthy competition they might get complacent.

31 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

There's also this natural progression. Career progression is almost always like a sine wave. Its up and then it goes down. Challenge is coming back up from the first down you get in your career. 

29 minutes ago, Serpico said:

I think most debutants get found out out in their second and third years. great players will adapt and come back. hopefully pant and shaw go back to domestics and fix their problems. India should keep debuting youngsters though, without healthy competition they might get complacent.

13 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

There's also this natural progression. Career progression is almost always like a sine wave. Its up and then it goes down. Challenge is coming back up from the first down you get in your career. 

I understand your points but why have their domestic performances regressed. I can understand their international struggles. In 2018 it was like Prithvi Shaw was a second coming of Sehwag with the flair of Lara and what not. Now the commentators are repeatedly pointing out flaws in his technique almost each time he plays a shot. To add to that his fielding shortcomings have been glaringly exposed. Pant can't seem to get his timing right even against mediocre bowlers. Neither of the two have looked to emulate the one unquestionable good quality about Kohli(other than his batting) which is his strict regimental diet and fitness. I am curious about what kind of mental advice these guys get?