Tendulkar wants to play 2011 World Cup

India badly missed Sachin Tendulkar during the Ahmedabad Test where South Africa handed the host their fourth biggest defeat on home soil on the third day of the second Test. The groin injury may have kept Tendulkar out of the third Test against South Africa but the Master Blaster feels winning the World Cup has been an unfulfilled dream. Speaking to a private news channel the Master Blaster said, "Winning the World Cup is certainly still an unfulfilled dream and I would love to play in it." Sachin said that he will now weigh his career options series by series without setting a timeline for retirement. In a career span of 18 years and counting, Tendulkar has played 147 Tests and 417 One-Day Internationals. He has amassed 11782 Test runs and 16361 ODI runs with 39 and 42 hundreds in each form of the game. Talking about his career and goal Sachin said, "I am enjoying my cricket at the moment, but don't want to think too much into the future. I have been playing almost non-stop for 20 years and want to focus only on the present." The Little Master has been plagued by injuries of late. If it was the tennis elbow some time back, now it is a strained groin that is keeping Tendulkar out of the ongoing Test series against South Africa.
Link
I'd be shocked if he isnt playing in the 2015 WC' date=' he's the sort of player that wont retire gracefully[/quote'] Or, he's the sort of player who has a dream, and wants to achieve it? He'll be 37-38 when the 2011 WC is played. I personally don't think its physically possible but if Sachin wants to achieve it, and he has not become a liability to the team, then we have no business asking him to retire.
I love Sachin, which Indian doesnt? But get your head out of his behind, he isnt God. He wants to play as long as he's allowed so he can set records that will almost never be beaten
Nearly 16,000+ (and counting) ODI runs will never be beaten. If he continues to play a 2 or 3 more years of successful test cricket, that will also be pretty hard to beat for anyone, barring Ponting perhaps. The magnitude of his achievements is too huge for anyone to successfully overtake him. He doesn't need any "forever" standing records for people to recognize he's the best(after the Don). Don Bradman's 29 Test Centuries has been overtaken and his 2 triple centuries has been matched by 2 others, but that doesn't make anyone say that he's not the best batsman, does it? I don't think he wants to play to make records but because he's still enjoying his game. If he was not enjoying his cricket, I don't think he would keep playing because there's no recognition for cricket outside 8-10 countries, i.e there's not a strong enough incentive to play. He doesn't need any more money than he's earned or will continue earning even after quitting cricket for 2-3 years, so that argument does not hold either. So, as long as he is providing awesome stability and attacking innings at the top of the order in ODIs and at #4 in Test Matches and his fielding is not a liability either in the slips or in the outfield, why say that he's playing for the records?
Nearly 16' date='000+ (and counting) ODI runs will [i']never be beaten. If he continues to play a 2 or 3 more years of successful test cricket, that will also be pretty hard to beat for anyone, barring Ponting perhaps. The magnitude of his achievements is too huge for anyone to successfully overtake him. He doesn't need any "forever" standing records for people to recognize he's the best(after the Don). Don Bradman's 29 Test Centuries has been overtaken and his 2 triple centuries has been matched by 2 others, but that doesn't make anyone say that he's not the best batsman, does it? I don't think he wants to play to make records but because he's still enjoying his game. If he was not enjoying his cricket, I don't think he would keep playing because there's no recognition for cricket outside 8-10 countries, i.e there's not a strong enough incentive to play. He doesn't need any more money than he's earned or will continue earning even after quitting cricket for 2-3 years, so that argument does not hold either. So, as long as he is providing awesome stability and attacking innings at the top of the order in ODIs and at #4 in Test Matches and his fielding is not a liability either in the slips or in the outfield, why say that he's playing for the records?
Your sig speaks volumes about your objectivity
I love Sachin, which Indian doesnt? But get your head out of his behind, he isnt God. He wants to play as long as he's allowed so he can set records that will almost never be beaten
Stupid biased comment. Akin to me calling you a thief without any proof just because I feel that way. I think he wants to continue as long as possible becasue India needs him and india wins mostly only when he is in the tean even NOW.