Moon landing hoax

Real McCoy

On 5/3/2024 at 7:11 PM, coffee_rules said:

Certainly seems like a conspiracy theory.  Did they find out all they wanted for ICBMs abruptly in 1972? The rocket technology, navigation, fuel every technology is ever evolving. I can't believe this theory. 

The reason that I am familiar is that they had no funds because of public sentiment being dismayyed by war efforts in Vietnam, they wanted to finish the war sooner.  This aligns with what @Vijy indicated.

Watch this. This was a british show in the 60s. At one point the actor says "News is the most highly developed form of fiction." :laugh:

I would suggest you watch the entire clip. If its too long, go to 13:20 for ICBMs. Truth in satire

On 5/3/2024 at 3:47 AM, coffee_rules said:

Came across this article from theWire science section (so no politics of liberals)

How NASA Worked Around Earth’s Radiation Belts to Land Apollo 11 on the Moon

They plotted the orbit around the magnetic poles which had no radiation. Quite plausible with idea of physics of that time

Further, knowing the belts’ absence above the poles, the altitude of the lower edge of the inner belt being ~600 km (well above the LEO) and the location of the South Atlantic anomaly, where doses are at a high 40 mrads/day at an altitude of 210 km allowed NASA to design the Apollo translunar injection (TLI) orbit in a way that the spacecraft would avoid the belts’ most dangerous parts.”

This video explains it 

Shielded spacecraft moving quickly through the van allen belts is scarcely believable. Nobody knows how much protection is needed as humans are meeting nature in its finest and grandest. On one side, science tells us we are so insignificant compared to the universe and in the other, they say man has achieved space flight and moon landing in the first attempt.

I counter this by a video made by NASA in which the spokesperson says “We must SOLVED theses challenges before we SEND PEOPLE through this region of space”. So by his statement, there hasn't been a person who has crossed the van allen belts by that time. The purpose of this video is study the radiation levels in the van allen belts hinting NASA does not know how much radiation is there YET. The video is from 2014 I guess.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Shielded spacecraft moving quickly through the van allen belts is scarcely believable.

Why ? What is the radiation (in rads) in van allen belt vs in a nuclear power plant ? 

The Indian lunar lander took pictures of the apollo landers on the mooon. Did ISRO lie ? if so, why would ISRO lie ? Why would the soviets not expose their hated arch nemesis for lying ?