Discussion during Kanpur test vs SA,2008

hi :haha::haha::haha: hi :haha::haha::haha: hi :haha::haha::haha: VS knows his place is fixed in the squad for coming 2 series after a knock of 319 and Yuvi isn't serious about cricket these days. So, why not excuse both of them and let us expect something good from WJ, SG, VVS and RD. :eyedance::eyedance::eyedance:
actually Sehwag and Yuvi score at much faster rate then athose guys.. so if both of these batsman click.. it's all good fur us..

Yes, it will be difficult score but I have my faith in the 'old' guard to get us near the SA score. It is a good score even though it may not look it at the moment. Can't see Jaffer/Yuvraj/Dhoni doing much but I hope I am proved very much wrong and one of them scores a century.

Yes, it will be difficult score but I have my faith in the 'old' guard to get us near the SA score. It is a good score even though it may not look it at the moment. Can't see Jaffer/Yuvraj/Dhoni doing much but I hope I am proved very much wrong and one of them scores a century.
thats what I was thinking about VS, Yuvi and MSD.
Even then Ravi, there's a certain method for bowling on certain types of pitches. When the wicket is flat, spinners do need to give the ball a bit more air and rip. When the wicket's turning a fair bit and offering uneven bounce (which this is doing to some extent), the bowlers need to push it through a bit quicker and let the pitch do more work, while putting a bit more pace on the ball. The point is that Harbhajan has a history of doing the exact opposite (and you will find similar posts along these lines from shwetabh and I over several tests in the past) and taking the most brainless, painful approach to bowling as he possibly can.
so true...though unacceptable from such an experienced bowler, Bhajji.
Yeah Harbhajan better be ready for the next Innings as he is gonna get more assistance..........
Lets hope he is able to exploit those conditions and mend the Indian way to victory!
No - Yuvraj and MSD are useless. They may get lucky and score some runs but I was thinking of the real old guard - RD' date=' SCG, VVS, Motu.[/quote'] yes, RD, VVS, SG and WJ must utilize their experience and patience in building a big innings for us...we can never rely on VS, Yuvi and MSD.

265 is a Par score. Its the type of score with which the Indians will be thinking at the end of day that ' We did a good job' and the Saffies will be thinking ' We can defend that'. The match is wonderfully poised at the end of day 1. No team has any clear advantage yet. The first two sessions of day 2 will determine the fortunes of this match vastly. As Tics had pointed out, Sehwag is the key. He can knock the stuffing out of the bowling with his strokeplay and also eliminate the pitch from the equation.

265 is a Par score. Its the type of score with which the Indians will be thinking at the end of day that ' We did a good job' and the Saffies will be thinking ' We can defend that'. The match is wonderfully poised at the end of day 1. No team has any clear advantage yet. The first two sessions of day 2 will determine the fortunes of this match vastly. As Tics had pointed out, Sehwag is the key. He can knock the stuffing out of the bowling with his strokeplay and also eliminate the pitch from the equation.
well said about both the points of view... rightly said about the first 2 sessions on day 2... rightly said, VS is the key...( but to every 10th or 11th lock and not continuously ) :giggle::cantstop::haha::hysterical:

Sal - cmon ... your constant barracking of Bhajji is a lil unfair ... he has been the only spinner to do any worthwhiel work this seris. No doubt that he could do more, but we forget that he is only 27 - if you consider that Kumble's best years came post 30 then there is a lot to look forward to.

India will lose this one badly. Our entire top order will fold against Harris. VS will make 20, which will be the highest score of the innings. We will follow on & Dravid will bat for 3 days to score his fighting 24 in the 2nd innings to almost guranatee us a draw. But i reckon it wont be enough. Yuseless will fail in both innings! Phew, had to get that out!

Sal - cmon ... your constant barracking of Bhajji is a lil unfair ... he has been the only spinner to do any worthwhiel work this seris. No doubt that he could do more' date=' but we forget that he is only 27 - if you consider that Kumble's best years came post 30 then there is a lot to look forward to.[/quote'] good post, also considering he's the leading wikcet taker in the series for india

correction, leading wicket taker in the series. Bhajji also does know how to bowl on dustbowls, he took 5-24 in the 4th innings against Mumbai to win us the game. He'also been bowling superbly without any luck all series long. Bhajji is on to something big...it's building up.