Yusuf Pathan

amits

i cant understand y nobody started a thread on yusuf pathan WHAT A PLAYER its time to get yusuf pathan into the odi & 20/20 teams now. in a high pressure situation, walks in, hits 6 6s & the fastest 50 in ipl off only 21 balls. makes 61 off only 28 balls. and its not just 1 innings, yusuf pathan has the highest strike-rate out of all 20/20 players in the world, a staggering 198.85. if he has scored 1 more run in this innings, his sr would have been 200 move over players like afridi, symonds, mccullum, hussey, yusuf pathan is here.besides being a explosive batsman, yusuf pathan is a useful spinner as well. took 2 crucial wickets in todays match and its not just 20/20, yusuf pathan has a sr of 114 in list-a matches as well & scored 3 100s in the ranji trophy this year, with all 3 of them coming of <90 balls. if yusuf pathan gets a chance in odis, afridis 37-ball 100 record could be history imagine yusuf pathan & sehwag opening. the score could read 150/0 in 10 overs :D

Another star makes his presence felt 2409yusufpathan_big.jpg Yusuf Pathan showed us today what he is capable of, today. Really, without his blitzkrieg at the top, there was no way RR could have won this. The Royals got the best start by ANY team in this tournament so far, courtesy Yusuf. Wow, I am already having visions of this guy coming in at no.7 or 8, even pinch-hitting at no.3, for India and really putting international bowlers to sword. And bear in mind, the DC attack had some of the world's best bowlers. RP is one of the world's best defensive bowler, given his pace and ability to bowl full and straight. Vaas is Vaas and Afridi has been hugely successful in the format. Yet, they couldnt withstand the 'Pathan' onslaught And not to forget, his two crucial wickets at the top. Wow, our future is bright!! :dance:

His swat-six of RP over long-on was tremendous. Not many batsman have done that to RP. He still seems quite raw and one-dimensional in his play, attacking every ball almost. Thats probably one of the reasons why his batting record will be punctuated with lots of low scores but definitely, all the attributes are there. He will make a TERRIFIC one-day trump-card.

Sriram..Lets not make every player a LEGEND after one match...:-) i would wait till the end of IPL to pick the rising stars of 20-20..
Sandeep, its not just 'ONE' match. I have been crying for the inclusion of this guy into the ODI line-up for months now. He will be a terrific asset in LOIs.
i cant understand y nobody started a thread on yusuf pathan WHAT A PLAYER its time to get yusuf pathan into the odi & 20/20 teams now. in a high pressure situation, walks in, hits 6 6s & the fastest 50 in ipl off only 21 balls. makes 61 off only 28 balls. and its not just 1 innings, yusuf pathan has the highest strike-rate out of all 20/20 players in the world, a staggering 198.85. if he has scored 1 more run in this innings, his sr would have been 200 move over players like afridi, symonds, mccullum, hussey, yusuf pathan is here.besides being a explosive batsman, yusuf pathan is a useful spinner as well. took 2 crucial wickets in todays match and its not just 20/20, yusuf pathan has a sr of 114 in list-a matches as well & scored 3 100s in the ranji trophy this year, with all 3 of them coming of <90 balls. if yusuf pathan gets a chance in odis, afridis 37-ball 100 record could be history imagine yusuf pathan & sehwag opening. the score could read 150/0 in 10 overs :D
or it could read 10/2

Irfan is genuine allrounder, he just needs a proper definition of his role in the team. He is indispensable in the ODI and T20 teams. He is still a little too inconsistent in the Tests, but watching him play, I can tell he is tremendously talented.