Who do you think is a better ODI batsman?

Ram

Who do you think is a better ODI batsman?  

1. 1.

• Uthappa
    • Raina

Consider this scenario 100 runs needed with 15 overs to go and only 4 wickets in hand. IKP is at other hand, Raina/RU walks in. Whom walking in (Raina or RU) will give you a reason to continue watching the game ?
Either way, I'd continue watching the game :-D Maybe because none of them is a bowler, or that I'm a never-say-die kind of cricket fan :-D

Consider this scenario 100 runs needed with 15 overs to go and only 4 wickets in hand. IKP is at other hand, Raina/RU walks in. Whom walking in (Raina or RU) will give you a reason to continue watching the game ? For me, it has to be Raina. RU is a hit and miss player. RU has no technique or temperament to get involved in a match-winning partnership. I agree that RU won us the game vs Eng in Natwest Series 07. But thats all he has done in ODI's to be in the limelight. Whereas Raina is as good as Kaif when it comes to fielding department and most importantly he carries a cool head on his shoulders while batting. Greg Chappel is a big fan of Suresh Raina for a reason, i.e. Raina's batting technique.
Excellent point.

I'd say Raina but you guys are HIGHLY underestimating Robin Uthappa. He's our raw version of Hayden. The way he can simply demolish a bowler is awesome. Walking down the track and putting him over the ropes, amazing. Raina, is in a class of his own. Not only can he nurdle the ball around for ones and twos, he can be aggressive and hit really big sixes. It's close for me. In a future XI, they're both in my team.

Our future ODI team looks bloody menacing... we will arse molest the pakis..aussies...and poms... 1. Sachin ( Gambhir when Sachin retires) 2. Viru 3. Rohit Sharma 4. Yuvi 5. Raina 6. Uthappa 7. Dhoni 8. Piyush/Bhajji/Ojha 9. Zaheer 10. Ishant 11. Pathan/Sree/R P Singh Man..we will be the champions....I am Glad..we are playing pakistan soon... good chance to win 5-0 in Pakistan again...:hysterical:

Viru in ODI's? No chance. He's a good test player but he's just not cut out for the 50 over game, for some reason. I think his average of around 29 backs my point. I'd rather have Uthappa open, play Raina at three. Bring Dinesh Karthik in for solidity in the middle order, it's just a bit too flash at the moment. Ghambir Uthappa Raina Yuvi Karthik Rohit Sharma Dhoni Pathan Zaheer Ishant Piyush/Kartik

Gambhir Tendulkar Rohit Sharma Yuvraj Dhoni (captain) Pathan Joginder Sharma Kumar Zaheer Khan Harbhajan Ishant Sharma For some reason i feel like Joginder has to be in the scheme of things, i feel like he can be a great asset for india one day.

Viru in ODI's? No chance. He's a good test player but he's just not cut out for the 50 over game, for some reason. I think his average of around 29 backs my point. I'd rather have Uthappa open, play Raina at three. Bring Dinesh Karthik in for solidity in the middle order, it's just a bit too flash at the moment. Ghambir Uthappa Raina Yuvi Karthik Rohit Sharma Dhoni Pathan Zaheer Ishant Piyush/Kartik
Karthik are you serious? id rather give Parthiv another chance

Our future ODI team looks bloody menacing... we will arse molest the pakis..aussies...and poms... 1. Sachin ( Gambhir when Sachin retires) 2. Viru 3. Rohit Sharma 4. Yuvi 5. Raina 6. Uthappa 7. Dhoni 8. Piyush/Bhajji/Ojha 9. Zaheer 10. Ishant 11. Pathan/Sree/R P Singh Man..we will be the champions....I am Glad..we are playing pakistan soon... good chance to win 5-0 in Pakistan again...:hysterical:
Don't you wish the world cup was held in 2008

no praveen kumar??? and pls sehwag in odis is a waste