Bhaji and Sreesanth a disgrace to Indian cricket?

CSK Fan

Arrogance & incompetence never go well together. It was just a matter of time before Bhajji & Sree made a fool of themselves. While i agree, that some aggro is necessary to compete, the bottomline is that it has to be matched by performance. Sreesanth after that wonderful series in SA, has been ordinary. Bhajji has been mediocre for eternity now. And yet, these two are the first to make noise, usually. And in Bhajji's case, the SOB was hardly a stand in captain for Mumbai & already started acting like a God father, giving speeches to his young boys on how he was gonna protect them, should they be sledged. Bhajjis is India's Shoaib Akhtar. Am glad that SOB is put in his place. Speaking of Akhtar, do not miss this gem on cricinfo's quote hanger: http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/328723.html?skiplimit=40#top Shoaib Akhtar gives a statesman-like message after being handed a five-year ban by the Pakistan board

"I appeal to people not to damage public property and to remain calm."
Expect Bhajji to come out & ask his fans to remain calm tomorrow!

Guest Hiten.
Expect Bhajji to come out & ask his fans to remain calm tomorrow!
What fans you talking about ? Unless the Sikh community takes this personal, no one would give a jack fawk about bhajji's ban.

As Dhoni himself as said, its better if we all wait till the full story emerges before conclusive judgments. There's always two sides to a story and so far, we have heard only one of it. This is a snippet of the career timeline of Akhtar that I could get from cricinfo. Bhajji at his worst, has till now been someone someone who dishes out some unpleasant abuse to oppostion players. Agreed that isnt acceptable, but to say Akhtar and Bhajji are offenders on the same plane is grossly unfair on Bhajji.
Sriram: You know, and I know that Harbhajan's escapade at Sydney was equivalent to OJ Simpson's. And, if you discount the snide remarks ( Bollywood role etc) and innuendo in the Cricinfo snippets on Shoaib Akhthar, the similarities are less disconcerting than you think they are. Except of course for the nandrolone. Sreesanth of course has to take some part of the blame - his incessant antics, particularly now that he has lost that seam-up bowling strength undoubtedly irritated everyone in the Bombay team. That is what Dhoni was referring to surely.

Sriram: You know, and I know that Harbhajan's escapade at Sydney was equivalent to OJ Simpson's. And, if you discount the snide remarks ( Bollywood role etc) and innuendo in the Cricinfo snippets on Shoaib Akhthar, the similarities are less disconcerting than you think they are. Except of course for the nandrolone. Sreesanth of course has to take some part of the blame - his incessant antics, particularly now that he has lost that seam-up bowling strength undoubtedly irritated everyone in the Bombay team. That is what Dhoni was referring to surely.
No he hasnt. He still bowls with an upright seam. You dont just 'lose' that.In fact a few deliveries of him (once in a blue moon) in IPL were unplayable. The only thing he has lost is his brain..actually he never had one to begin with.

No he hasnt. He still bowls with an upright seam. You dont just 'lose' that.In fact a few deliveries of him (once in a blue moon) in IPL were unplayable. The only thing he has lost is his brain..actually he never had one to begin with.
Yes. He's got decent talent, but he'll let it go waste becos of his immature attitude.

Fair enough, Bhajji is on the same path yes, but is still a long way from being as notorious as Akhtar. I suppose people have lost faith with Bhajji, due to his repeated transgressions.

Kumble's take on Bhajji vs. Sreesanth Kumble's Piece at Hindustan Times I felt this deserved its own thread. If not, lets move it to the original one.

We need to start winning matches to think of making the semifinals. There's no question of that. Why are we losing? Well, we should have bowled better towards the end of the last game but it's very difficult in this format to point fingers at one part or one area. One thing that's not helped us is that the Bangalore wicket has not been a flat batting wicket, so it's been tough for the batsmen to get into form. Still, Ross Taylor and Wasim came good in the last game. But it's still a simple game and there's no point complicating matters — you just need to be a lot more flexible than you are even in one-dayers, but other than that you should just bowl like you do in the slog overs. Bowl yorkers, keep the ball in the right spots, keep the batsmen guessing… Now for what happened last week. I did speak to Bhajji after the incident and he's both remorseful and apologetic and agreed that it shouldn't have happened, no matter what the provocation. But moving forward, it's important that given the immense pressure and the media attention, that players realise what they can do and what they can't. Education is essential here and should be made part of the system. There's so much money in the game now, especially with the IPL. Instead of people blaming whatever happens on 'too much money', or justifying incidents by saying things happen in the heat of the moment, it's important someone ensures that players are given the right kind of advice, that there are professionals around to help them cope with fame and handle the money it brings. At no cost should the game be disrespected nor the people who are part of it. Cricket is above everything else. Players need to learn to respect the opposition and most importantly, to gain the respect of everyone. It's very important to understand what you should not say instead of what you would naturally say. At the same time, just because you're a cricketer, it doesn't mean you hold back constantly and suppress your normal character. But because people watch, learn, imitate you, it’s vital to find a balance. Which is why perhaps, we need to be educated on how to handle success and failure… Coming back to what happened — physical abuse is definitely not part of any sport. It's a definite no-no. But equally, it's important for Indian cricket that both these guys get back on track. In terms of talent, in terms of what they've achieved as cricketers, they're a vital part of the team. Especially Harbhajan, who has a proven track record as a match-winner — it's very important for the Indian team that he comes back and performs. On a final, personal note, it was probably a bit early for me to play but we were short a bowler, so I did. But it all happens so quickly. I hope to be completely ready for the game after Wednesday's though. It's very important for us to start winning. With the team we have, the Royal Challengers definitely want to be part of the knockout round. The good part is that come May, many foreign players from other teams will be missing. Kolkata will miss Ponting and McCullum. Chennai will definitely miss Hayden and Hussey. Lee will be missed by Mohali and Symonds by Hyderabad. Except for Ross, who's been key though, we'll be fine. A good win tomorrow will set us up. It's a pretty long tournament, we can always come back. But it has to start now.
We can always trust Kumble to have a very balanced view on things. I'm surprised that he hasn't written anything about Sreesanth. Perhaps he too is annoyed and angry at him.

We can always trust Kumble to have a very balanced view on things. I'm surprised that he hasn't written anything about Sreesanth. Perhaps he too is annoyed and angry at him.
Kumble is a very balanced man and probably thats why he doesn't want to give any comments towards any players. Stay out of controversies.

Isn't Sreesanth the biggest pansy around ? Trust me, I have no love for Bhajji as he is truly a "obnoxious little weasel" Surd, but Santa Sreesanth?......C'mon......... he abuses fellow cricketers on the field like he is some tough guy and then weeps like a schoolboy on national TV.....what a freaking puss!

Sadly, he chose a fellow Indian. It's ironic, because thats the only way he could have self destructed. He got away with years of underachievement, pulling the wool over selectors' eyes, concealing an increasingly mediocre record through bravura statements, he escaped unscathed too, brazenly playing the victim after being quite the xenophobe at Sydney, but this time, at long last, providence has caught up with him.
Excellent analysis :thumbs_up:

He keeps sledging his fellow team mates and one time he gets sledged and he weeps for 15 minutes on "International" TV. He's the biggest most annoying p*ssy ever seen.
Sreesanth has proven to be a jackass...it seems like he wanted to nail Bhajji...he did not care for Team India's repo on live TV....he just cried like a pussie...made a mockery of Indian cricketers...what a dipper!!!