Ganguly-Warne spat

IndianRenegade

so you are saying that ganguly after being given out and showing dissent according to ICC laws' date=' is indeed within the spirit of cricket ? Looks like we ned to redefine the pot and the kettle here.[/quote'] You are finding it really difficult to understand anything here. Is this topic about ICC laws? Nope, it's not. This topic is exclusively about Ganguly's reaction to Warne's outburst. You are wandering everywhere but for pointing out it is not Warne's job to decide Ganguly breached the spirit of cricket or not. There is a process and a referee to look into it. Warne's job is to just go out there, play and leave administering law with the referee.

Guest HariSampath

^ You are not understanding the point at all....my question was : if Ganguly points out to Warne and the spirit of the game, and says Warne has no right to speak about it, by the same token, Ganguly has NO right to address Warne's spirit of game, he himself having breached both the law and the spirit just that evening. Dada is the LAST person yesterday who can speak about ANYONE's conduct after having breached the rules brazenly and the spirit too. Please tell me what would Dada say to , say, someone like Laxman if Laxman had said it.

Guest HariSampath
You are finding it really difficult to understand anything here. Is this topic about ICC laws? Nope' date=' it's not. This topic is [b']exclusively about Ganguly's reaction to Warne's outburst. You are wandering everywhere but for pointing out it is not Warne's job to decide Ganguly breached the spirit of cricket or not. There is a process and a referee to look into it. Warne's job is to just go out there, play and leave administering law with the referee.
That is the whole point. Warne has been pointing out that the process has failed. When the umpire, being ignorant of the laws, himself messes up bigtime, how will he report to the referee ? The fact the straight umpire messed up by 1. asking for and ignoring Rudi's decision. 2. asking for the 3rd ump. 3. Nor reporting ganguly for dissent because umpires themselves are at fault...along with ganguly. Process has failed, Referee is not brought into it...and so Warne points it out ...simple enough ?

I have a Question - Why did the Third Umpire rule him Not out ?? (I don't give a fcuk if the catch was taken cleanly or not) Who wins the "case"??? Isn't it Sourav ? Benefit of doubt goes to the batsman , all he did was asked the Umpire if the catch was taken clean and the Umpire referred it to 3rd umpire , he cud have asked the fielder but decided to go for 3rd umpire. Even Kevin was given out of a bump catch by MSD,he walked away without asking a question but then he came back (maybe the players in the dressing room told him so) and the third umpire ruled him Not out , so does that mean Kevin breached the ICC law ? I don't know how u guyz can support Warne. And also taking DRUGS was in the right spirit of the game ? Fat fack ???U may be a Legend or wateva but don't forget ur past before u make such comments.

I have a Question - Why did the Third Umpire rule him Not out ?? (I don't give a fcuk if the catch was taken cleanly or not) Who wins the "case"??? Isn't it Sourav ? Benefit of doubt goes to the batsman , all he did was asked the Umpire if the catch was taken clean and the Umpire referred it to 3rd umpire , he cud have asked the fielder but decided to go for 3rd umpire. Even Kevin was given out of a bump catch by MSD,he walked away without asking a question but then he came back (maybe the players in the dressing room told him so) and the third umpire ruled him Not out , so does that mean Kevin breached the ICC law ? I don't know how u guyz can support Warne. And also taking DRUGS was in the right spirit of the game ? Fat fack ???U may be a Legend or wateva but don't forget ur past before u make such comments.
With most people here, its not about supporting Warne, its about going against everything Ganguly does

Ganguly, Warne fined 10 per cent of match fee Sourav Ganguly and Shane Warne have been fined 10 per cent of their match fees after a fracas in a Kolkata-Jaipur tie. More... Ganguly, Warne fined 10 pc of match fees Agencies New Delhi, May 02, 2008 First Published: 17:18 IST(2/5/2008) Last Updated: 18:23 IST(2/5/2008) Kolkata skipper Sourav Ganguly and Jaipur captain Shane Warne have been fined 10 per cent of their match fees after a fracas that erupted on Thursday during a Kolkata-Jaipur IPL tie. Sourav Ganguly was on Friday fined 10 per cent of his match fees and reprimanded for forcing the on-field umpire to refer a catch to the third umpire during his side's Indian Premier League match against Jaipur on Thursday night. The IPL also decided to suspend the on-field umpire in question, Pratap Kumar, for a match. Warne has been fined for going to the press, TV reported. Sourav Ganguly was on Friday fined 10 per cent of his match fees and reprimanded for forcing the on-field umpire to refer a catch to the third umpire during his side's Indian Premier League match against Jaipur on Thursday night."It has been informed by Farokh Engineer, the Referee in the IPL game between Kolkata and Jaipur in Jaipur on May 1, that he has issued an official reprimand to Sourav Ganguly, and fined him 10 per cent of his match-fee for showing dissent on the field," IPL commissioner and chairman Lalit Modi said in a statement. "The Referee has also suspended Pratap Kumar for one match, on the grounds that there was no reason for him to accede to Ganguly's request to consult the TV umpire," it added. The action comes after Jaipur skipper Shane Warne lambasted Ganguly for playing against the spirit of the game by not accepting fielder Graeme Smith's word on the controversial catch. Though Jaipur decided against lodging a formal complaint against the former India skipper, the IPL decided to take action as "Ganguly's act of prevailing upon the on-field umpire to refer a decision to the TV umpire constitutes a Level I offence as per the ICCs Code of Conduct." Kolkata lost the match by 45 runs on Thursday night making it their third defeat in a row.

Guest HariSampath

GA Pratap Kumar is perhaps the worst umpire in India, not just on ability, but he has no scruples whatsoever. I had been seeing this fellow playing senior league cricket in Chennai for SBI team for years, and he hardly impressed anyone either with his medium pace or with his ethics. He can be counted on to help India win a game if we were playing Pakistan in any finals; he is just the umpire after the hearts of all Indian players. He is particularly "positive minded" when it comes to senior Indian players, in fact I think he was the one who kept giving Tendulkar repeatedly notout in the home ODI series against Australia. I think he should be banned.

No dude - square leg umpire said out....and Ganguly then went to the other umpire and gestured to ask for tv replay
square leg umpire does not have the authority to give out..it's the main umpire who can give out...the square leg one can give his advice though

Umm Mr. Bhattacharya' date=' sorry to say but the square leg umpire, Rudi, despite suffering from occasional blindness (and gave Watson wrongly out today) said that it was a clean catch, but Ganguly went crying to the desi umpire to have it reviewed by the third umpire[/quote'] tats the point...square leg umpire advises the main umpire...does not give the decision... what everybidy is overlooking is that the catch was infact inconclusive and ganguly was right in standing his ground..why are people overlooking this fact..and rudi is a blind man has been giving wrong decisions for long for ganguly to blv him..good going gangu..shove it in warney's ass

No batsman has a right to argue with an umpire or suggest him how he can best do his duties. Any batsman doing that is guilty. Period.
he didnt argue..he just said that he thought it was a bump catch..if the umpire said no it was clean he would have walked..just look at sydney test..everybody was in doubt..ganguly stood his ground and when given out he walked off...same here....if then it was referred to third umpire he would have stayed in sydney..