Do we lack out of box thinking?

puneet28

We were very innovative during 2000 to 2010. Often we tailored batting order to counter the opposition. For example:

1. We used Irfan Pathan often at number 3/4 even after Greg Chappell era.

2. We stuck with Dhoni after initial failures and even promoted him.

3. Team members were keen to have more responsibilities. Dravid too wicket keeping for better balance.

4. We had preference to form. Now we had Pandya and Bhuvi playing just on basis of their reputation. Technically we had 9 players yesterday.

5. For last 5-6 years, we trust more in template than the actual conditions.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

yes, we had a lot of flexibility during the period with our bowling options as we had Sachin, Sehwag, Yuvi, Raina who could bowl more than a few overs when needed.

I think this offered room to experiment, today we have too many one dimensional payers. Batsman who can't bowl & bowlers who can't bat. I think this has lead to a rigid structure with predefined roles, with little room for error. When it clicks we look great, but on a day when one of the bowler is having an off day we have no where to run. 

Edited by IndianRenegade

Absolutely Indian team doesn't relies on method.  We win coz we make tactical moves on the day.  We never go with a set playing XI.  We have a natural flair about how we do things & it has been missing ever since Kohli too over.  

In WC 2011 we used rotation of openers & used them effectively vs various sides. 

2007 T20 WC final..  Even Yusuf Pathan opened & took on Gul..  The form bowler.

2013 CT giving Rohit a chance at opening.

Kohli the Joker has changed our DNA & made us meek & mental midgets in big games & too rigid.  F**** as*ole