Story of Charger's Vijay Kumar

bcl213

i saw a news report of this guy in a news channel...some one interviewed him... Cricket has given a decent life to so many people....Guys like Munaf, Jogi, Praveen Kumar, Iqbal Abdulla, Rohit Sharma etc.. are now multi millionaires.. there are many in ICL whose lives are changed for ever... good that cricket is changing so many lives...

i saw a news report of this guy in a news channel...some one interviewed him... Cricket has given a decent life to so many people....Guys like Munaf, Jogi, Praveen Kumar, Iqbal Abdulla, Rohit Sharma etc.. are now multi millionaires.. there are many in ICL whose lives are changed for ever... good that cricket is changing so many lives...
Dont forget about Viru, Irfan and Yusuf Pathan.

add to that list. Wasim Jaffer. Viru wasn't all that poor though. btw, great read. hope he makes living out of cricket..
IPL is a great place for such people (who may never make it to the national team due to regional politics/too much talent etc)

Guest Hiten.

How can you guys forget about SRT ? He was a poor kid and look how cricket has changed his fortunes :D

I thought Sachin was from a middle-class family? Plus, if he was able to visit Lillee's camp, I don't think they(his family) were in a very big financial crisis - or maybe he got some help. But if we consider this, most of our cricketers are from a relatively middle-class/lower-class families who've made it big - Dhoni being a huge example as well. Perhaps, only Yuvraj is the one who's come from a rich background.

Dravid was relatively rich. Jaffa for sure. He grew up in Mumbai slums.
sorry to be cynical but I still don't think he's talented enough to be in test team, regardless of his background (same mistakes with regards to footwork). Perhaps the 'rich' Gambhir should be given a chance in tests

sorry to be cynical but I still don't think he's talented enough to be in test team' date=' regardless of his background (same mistakes with regards to footwork). Perhaps the 'rich' Gambhir should be given a chance in tests[/quote'] Jaffer should be drop the from the squad. hes the ultimate liabilty . With Gambhir being in top form its a crime to leave him out, i dont quite understand how jaffer after repeated failures is still in the team. Gambhir would be an awesome player in tests along with sehwag.