Should Risabh Pant be captain instead of Rohit?

badmash

5 minutes ago, New guy said:

Yeah the person showing stats is the emptional reponse and not one straight up lying and making stuff up. Projection!

Dude even legends like kohli, sachin dravid, laxman,  rohit, sehwag, gambhir  have struggled odd series in england. Thats your benchmark for a keeper batsman? He scored a 100+ there, no other indian keeper has scored a 100 in england in indian history

He has been dominating IPL for a long time, one or two average IPLs doesnt take away from his consistency, even then he was in top 10 run scores in IPL ahead of rohit, kohli and even Ishan whom you seem to be advocating, pant scored 419 runs to ishans 241

Never advocated for kohli or Ishan. 

I'd just try a newer keeper batsman than Pant for now. I don't see why Pant cannot be benched.  If Ishan is there I'd definitely try him over Pant, quite simple 

Edited by Try_Ball
8 minutes ago, Try_Ball said:

Never advocated for kohli or Ishan. 

I'd just try a newer keeper batsman than Pant for now. I don't see why Pant cannot be benched.  If Ishan is there I'd definitely try him over Pant, quite simple 

Ishant can be accommodated with Pant even in playing eleven. Pant is a talented batsman. Sure he hasn't done enough in LOIs but players worth is determined by his ability to play clutch knocks. He has already done that in test cricket. No reason he cannot emulate in LOIs. Need to be patient and give him some time and space to fail too. We cannot play musical chairs this player isn't good lets try another.Then that player is not good let's try another.

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

Ishant can be accommodated with Pant even in playing eleven. Pant is a talented batsman. Sure he hasn't done enough in LOIs but players worth is determined by his ability to play clutch knocks. He has already done that in test cricket. No reason he cannot emulate in LOIs. Need to be patient and give him some time and space to fail too. We cannot play musical chairs this player isn't good lets try another.Then that player is not good let's try another.

I just feel Pant hasn't delivered to the extent he should have. He has played some good knocks but that consistency and dependability is lacking.  1 match winning innings every 10 innings shouldnt be the benchmark. 

He's quite young and I'm sure he can work on his game and mature out but Indian 11 shouldn't be the only place to make him feel secure.  I think Indian TM made the same mistake with Pandya where increased persistence and leeway to keep Pandya in the team destroyed the whole team combination and him as a player.  Pant needs to be reminded that of he doesn't develop his A game day in and day out, there are people waiting to take his spot. 

Pant has only been below average in T20s.. Great in tests and has massively improved in ODIs as well averaging over 30 with a strike rate of 110...figures which will only improve. 

The guy still commenting on his keeping skills has a laughable agend quoting points from a year ago.. Pant has become extremely reliable behind the stumps since the Australia tests...don't understand, Kishan had one good IPL season in 2020 - how did that put him ahead of Pant in the pecking order? 

Edited by dilliboy