Batting order

R!TTER

Need to have at least one lefty in the top 5 or 6, Jadeja at home is perfect IMO - this lineup should have enough back stop to prevent major collapses & enough firepower even down the order to post big scores. Ideally good batting pitches will be enough to decimate this NZ side, on the flip side a turner will make the toss a major lottery! I do hope we don't see pitches similar to second/third test vs Eng earlier in the year. The last test pitch vs Eng was much better & contrary to Phirangi whingers a lot more fair, fairer than the first test test in fact :hitler:

It looks like NZ will be a very hard nut to crack. Guys like Williamson, Taylor, Latham are better than the English batting combo (basically Joe Root) that came last. Santner and Sodhi can take advantage of a turning wicket( England didn’t have spinners of quality) And that pace attack of Jameson, Southee, Wagner is really good. By contrast- Rahane and Pujara have been out of form. Rahul seems to be doing well. And new guys, Gill, Mayank aren’t tested enough. Bowling wise, spin looks good. But a pace combo of Umesh and Siraj or Ishant, doesn’t look as strong as NZ’s pace attack. 

5 minutes ago, kirkutfan said:

Umesh and Siraj or Ishant, doesn’t look as strong as NZ’s pace attack. 

I'd say it's the opposite, Eng attack with Clouderson & Archer was actually better than what NZ will be fielding this series! We also did not have either of Shami or Umesh that series, nor Jadeja of course. This bowling attack is much stronger than the one Eng faced, especially with Umesh in there. Santner did nothing last time IIRC & Sodhi for me is not test class, our Indian export in Ajaz bhai will be a major issue though.