SA, the gem of world cricket!

zen

51 minutes ago, Axl100mph said:

The odi defeat is terrible bro. I saw the match today. Pretorious of all prople was opening the bowlling along with that lung-trundler. And these two are the better bowlers of a lot which has tripe like magala n phehlukwayo. 

Something is seriously wrong. The same bunch 2,3 years ago used to eat much better bowlers for breakfast. 

This has to go down as the worst defeat for indian cricket ever.

Lol we are in turmoil. Poor coach. Poor captain. Bad selections. People say saffers have quota. We have the worst quota criteria. Seniority and chamcha state quota. 

We deserve this humiliation for picking the kind of players we do when we have so much talent on bench. 

Hoping for a fix. Let's see. 

Pakistan butchered this same saffer side in odi. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Lol we are in turmoil. Poor coach. Poor captain. Bad selections. People say saffers have quota. We have the worst quota criteria. Seniority and chamcha state quota. 

We deserve this humiliation for picking the kind of players we do when we have so much talent on bench. 

Hoping for a fix. Let's see. 

Pakistan butchered this same saffer side in odi. 

they would also butcher current ind odi team.

Just now, Jay said:

Based on dravids quota selections? Absolutely. 

It appears as if your theme is that Indian teams needs to be full strength with everyone in great form for it to beat others (and the talk about bench strength goes out of the window) ... When other teams rest their players, play with upcoming players, or when not everyone is at their best, it does not matter

6 minutes ago, zen said:

It appears as if your theme is that Indian teams needs to be full strength with everyone in great form for it to beat others (and the talk about bench strength goes out of the window) ... When other teams rest their players, play with upcoming players, or when not everyone is at their best, it does not matter

Other teams pick 'young talents' who have something to prove. We pick old washed up has beens who are past their expiry date. I don't give a crap about bilaterals but you need to test young talents and focus on building for the future.

I would like to see pandya as kaptaan due to his mentality. He is strong mentally provided he is fit. Meek Rahul should be stripped.

28 minutes ago, Jay said:

I would like to see pandya as kaptaan due to his mentality. He is strong mentally provided he is fit. Meek Rahul should be stripped.

IF he showcases good leadership in IPL, he could be India's captain in the next 24 or so months as he has no major competition 

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, zen said:

IF he showcases good leadership in IPL, he could be India's captain in the next 24 or so months as he has no major competition 

Yes. He is the only one with the right attitude and mentality. I may criticise him for his subpar performances vs genuine pace but the dude definitely is one of the more mentally strong athletes we have. Can't trust pant. Pant may be suited for tests. I am not sure his odi credentials are all that great. 

Rahul- meek

Kohli - finished

Rohit - big tummy baby is always injured so we need long term solution

Dhawan - too old

Iyer - strong mentally but his position isn't guaranteed

Pant - too erratic in odi. Not reliable. He is strong mentally though. 

Pandya - best option

Shaw, ishan are too young

Sky - very strong mentally but doesn't have clout. Will never get support. 

Thakur - strong mentally bur again no support from management

Bumrah is the best bet from bowlers. He said he wants to captain India. He is a great test bowler and t20 bowler. His odi wicket taking ability has been below par for 2 years now. Plus he has a habit of choking in KO games like we saw in t20 WC twice and the one off WTC (excusable give return from injury). Also choked vs pakistan in 2017 champions trophy (pointless trophy but still). 

He did play well in 2019 WC. 

So 3 chokes. 1 good performance in LOI out of 4. 

I would go with either one of pandya, sky and then last option booms.