SA, the gem of world cricket!

zen

Look at the turmoil in SA cricket. Players even leave the country to play for other teams, but SA cricket somehow always comes back and shines ... It is as if it has tons of talented cricketers lying around like rough diamonds waiting to be polished 

Give all the resources in the world to teams in the subcon, the end result will usually be a team full of pointless stats-padders

Mike Procter, Allan Donald, Dale Steyn, Kallis, ABDV, Barry Richards, Graeme Pollock, Shaun Pollock, Rabada, ..., ..., ..., (and many more who play for other countries) 

I hope IPL gives more SA cricketers contracts ... Maybe it is time that SA wins a LOI world cup too (Have have #1 in tests) 

To the gem of world cricket, SA :cheers:

35 minutes ago, zen said:

Give all the resources in the world to teams in the subcon, the end result will usually be a team full of pointless stats-padders

Mike Procter, Allan Donald, Dale Steyn, Kallis, ABDV, Barry Richards, Graeme Pollock, Shaun Pollock, Rabada, ..., ..., ..., (and many more who play for other countries) 

I don't understand your point here. Isn't this still a bilateral series? All those cricketers never won a world cup despite dominating in bilaterals for 2 decades. Doesn't that fit the stat pad definition? 

5 hours ago, zen said:

Look at the turmoil in SA cricket. Players even leave the country to play for other teams, but SA cricket somehow always comes back and shines ... It is as if it has tons of talented cricketers lying around like rough diamonds waiting to be polished 

I hope IPL gives more SA cricketers contracts ... Maybe it is time that SA wins a LOI world cup too (Have have #1 in tests) 

To the gem of world cricket, SA :cheers:

Absolutely. Phenomenal team and have some beautiful women up there too. 

South africa have the best school system in the world for cricket and rugby. Their 2 favourite sports. They are going to be a future top side. I expect them to beat Aussies comfortably AGAIN. Haven't lost to Aussies in Australia since 2008 I believe. 

In saying that, there are reports that ascertain s.Africa's involvement in cheating during important tests hence Australia retorted with sandpaper gate in 2018. One thing I dislike about saffers is to do with their biased umpiring when it comes to drs calls and no balls. Happened vs us recently too. All that aside, they are going to be a top side. Imo they will beat Kiwis away too. They haven't lost to Kiwis anywhere since their introduction.

Indian teams play well for about 5 to 6 years before players start losing motivation due to celebrity, seniority and sycophant culture that is pervaisve in our society. I blame the fans and public who put these so called superstars on a pedestal. I dont care if they helped us be number 1 in tests or even win a WC, there is absolutely no reason to worship them as gods rofl. 

Bros, this is an inferior SA team than the one Pakistan played when they toured last year, atleast in the first 2 of the 3 odi's. Rabada and Nortje both played 2 matches. However, this bowling attack is literally popgun with Ngidi being the only bowler of note, and even he is nothing special in Loi's. 

How did you lose to these trundlers?

And then there was a guy on this forum telling me how performances against SA dont even count. Well atleast he is humbled now.

Edited by Axl100mph

Our team has a habit of making average teams look great. But SA does have amazing talent. They were out of world cricket for 20+ years but still competed with the best after they were readmitted to world cricket. Wouldn't have been possible without talent, facilities,. dedication and love for the sport. They always seem to have one or two Afrikaans speaking cricketers who do very well for them. Fannie de Villiers, Allan Donald, Kallis, Cronje, Kepler Wessels, ABD, Faf, Steyn, the Morkels and now Rassie. 

16 hours ago, Axl100mph said:

Bros, this is an inferior SA team than the one Pakistan played when they toured last year, atleast in the first 2 of the 3 odi's. Rabada and Nortje both played 2 matches. However, this bowling attack is literally popgun with Ngidi being the only bowler of note, and even he is nothing special in Loi's. 

How did you lose to these trundlers?

And then there was a guy on this forum telling me how performances against SA dont even count. Well atleast he is humbled now.

Hahhaa. 

Jansen

Olivier

Rabada

Ngidi

Bavuma

Peterson

Van der dussen

Elgar

That's a Strong as unit for SA conditions. 

Although we helped them by picking wrong selections yet again. I am sure we could have won the series had we picked the correct players but don't take nothing away from s.africa. with these new additions they are very strong. Mark my words. They will beat Aussies away again and probably Kiwis. They have never lost to Kiwis home or away. 

I cannot stop praising s.africa. just an amazing talent production for test cricket. They are not so good in odi during clutch games. They are average in t20. But in tests they are always producing top talents. 

We are the only team affected by QUOTA PLAYERS ROFL. Not saffers. 

On 1/23/2022 at 5:05 AM, Jay said:

Hahhaa. 

Jansen

Olivier

Rabada

Ngidi

Bavuma

Peterson

Van der dussen

Elgar

That's a Strong as unit for SA conditions. 

Although we helped them by picking wrong selections yet again. I am sure we could have won the series had we picked the correct players but don't take nothing away from s.africa. with these new additions they are very strong. Mark my words. They will beat Aussies away again and probably Kiwis. They have never lost to Kiwis home or away. 

The odi defeat is terrible bro. I saw the match today. Pretorious of all prople was opening the bowlling along with that lung-trundler. And these two are the better bowlers of a lot which has tripe like magala n phehlukwayo. 

Something is seriously wrong. The same bunch 2,3 years ago used to eat much better bowlers for breakfast. 

This has to go down as the worst defeat for indian cricket ever.